2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    How is it possible that in one of the biggest matches of the snooker season the playing conditions were so bad? Is it sour grapes by Robertson or does he have a valid point?

The cushions were ridiculous. One match aside (don't remember right now which it was) I never saw balls soo often bounce far too quickly from the cushions.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
      Mark Williams is pretty unhealthy, I think he survives on kebabs and lager, and he's done okay at the Worlds recently too.
      I think that may be an image he plays up to.

Comment

• Originally Posted by nevets View Post
        He really needs to improve his fitness. Being in your 40's doesn't mean you have to get fat.
        Why is everybody on Higgins for being fat? Sure he could lose a few pounds, but I wouldn't necessarily call him fat. Shaun Murphy, Stuart Bingham and especially Mark Allen are fatter than Higgins and at younger ages. Allen is going to look like Stephen Lee in a few years if he doesn't change his diet.

Comment

• Speaking of Higgins, I've been trying to figure why exactly I don't want to see him win. He's an older guy like me. He seems like a nice guy. Yet I cheer for O'Sullivan who sometimes acts like a spoiled brat and can be very unlikeable. Maybe it has a bit to do with the incident in Russia, but I wasn't a fan of his even before that.

Maybe it's just the fact that I don't understand a single word he says when he starts speaking.

Comment

• If Gilbert really doesn't feel any pressure and plays freely he's going to win the match. If he lets the occasion get to him he's going to lose 17-8.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
              If Gilbert really doesn't feel any pressure and plays freely he's going to win the match. If he lets the occasion get to him he's going to lose 17-8.
              No offense to Gilbert, but the only way he wins this is if Higgins plays badly.

Comment

• How could he miss that green, Dave?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                  No offense to Gilbert, but the only way he wins this is if Higgins plays badly.
                  I think I agree about this.
                  Higgins' B-Game is still soo strong these days.

Comment

Being in your 40's doesn't mean you have to get fat.
                    It does. It's written in the Magna Carter or something.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                      He was just stretching his neck and spine by holding in what looks like a very uncomfortable position...
                      I do it all the time...
                      I just tried it. It hurts.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Gilbert has found his rhythm. Important for him to come immediately back to level things after the early 0-2 deficit.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                          Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                          It does. It's written in the Magna Carter or something.
                          Where was that signed?
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Of course, and I'm sure he thinks about it. It was just an observation as I am a similar age to him, and I know that everything seizes up a bit if you don't work at it. Not having a go at him, he's obviously a legend.
                            Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                              I just tried it. It hurts.
                              It's supposed to )

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                It does. It's written in the Magna Carter or something

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                                Where was that signed?
                                Runnymede, near Windsor.

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                                It's supposed to )
                                Sod that for a game of soldiers, then.
                                Last edited by Billy; 2 May 2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X