No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the words used by the idiot who got thrown out yesterday been confirmed or is it likely not to be revealed?
    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• So a Higgins / Trump final. How dull.

I'm gutted for both of them - really wanted to see at least one of them in the final.

Nothing at all against Higgins, but I'll be rooting for Trump now.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• So John Higgins becomes only the 5th man in the modern era (1969 onwards) to be in 3 succesive finals.

(Ray Reardon, Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry, Jimmy White are the others)

Comment

• Bloody higgins ! Much better for the game if Gilbert made the final.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            So a Higgins / Trump final. How dull.

I'm gutted for both of them - really wanted to see at least one of them in the final.
            C'mon Billy, with Judd playing (hopefully) it will be far from dull !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
              As long as he keeps getting results, he's not finished regardless how he may look to you I'm afraid... if there is a snooker "warrior", it's John Higgins.
              Nuf said.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Poor Dave, looks absolutely heartbroken.

Comment

• Tears all round, pass the tissues please

Comment

• A commentator mentioned something earlier this week that made a lot of sense because John was at the table and the frame was won but he said he will still give every shot 100% until the table is cleared and all the big names do that. They don't start slamming them in to get whoops from the crowd and always try to clear the table so that could make the difference with Higgins / Trump.

Just saw the interview with Gilbert and he looks like a really nice guy. I feel for him not making the final because he has been playing like a world champion. A big supporter of him now and hope to see him at an event so I can buy him a pint.
                    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Unbelievable semi...both players and everyone else in tears myself included.

I just love this sport! Fantastic stuff.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        C'mon Billy, with Judd playing (hopefully) it will be far from dull !!
                        Yes. That was a knee-jerk remark.

Just so sorry for DG. I only hope the inbound cheque will make him feel a little better
                        Last edited by Billy; 4 May 2019, 05:34 PM.
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          Yeh, I'm with you on that. I can never really enjoy seeing second rate snooker win just because some poor sod loses their bottle. No one likes to see it, that's no disrespect to John who is doing exactly what he should as a first rate pro.

It's a great reminder for me that the worlds is all about stamina and bottle. Talent too of course! But all these boys can play!

How's your pool by the way? Seem to remember you had a showdown with a young gun last year!
                          It was a good match and we played with about 20 work colleagues watching at the bowling alley. We had both taken our cues so word started to spread that after bowling there was a pool match afoot. I won the first two with some good long pots and he took the next three so I lost 3-2 but it was a good game and he said he was feeling the pressure Considering I hadn't played for years and he played every week I was happy with that. He's a good player and I could tell he plays for a team but on a slow boat to China I think I could take him to school.
                          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Well done John.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                              Unbelievable semi...both players and everyone else in tears myself included.

I just love this sport! Fantastic stuff.
                              I wasn't crying. It's my hay fever.

Comment

• I am sure we will see more from Dave, a title soon

Comment

Working...
                                X