No announcement yet.

2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get the impression from Lisowski that he has zero patience for the very game he’s decided to take up as a living.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Boy, the chances Selby missed in the last frame. Really should have made it 4-4 instead of 3-5. Can't be pleased with the 2-2 after the interval
      Good to see how well Gary Wilson copes with the pressure. And nice to see the two even chatted in the midsession interval.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        I get the impression from Lisowski that he has zero patience for the very game he’s decided to take up as a living.
        oh no, not another one!

:wink:
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
          Is James Cahill the real deal? Chris Henry thinks so. Why do you experts think?

https://youtu.be/n_KaXfb4ddo
          Well, I'd be the first to admit, that Chris Henry certainly knows much more about Snooker than I do.
          But anyways, just my five cents from what I saw, which is only the match vs. O'Sullivan and the one against Selby at the UK Championship: There are many parts about Cahill I really like. But he's a little bit to attacking for my taste, but not quite consistent enough with his potting to back this up. I'm not really impressed with this tactical game and his break-building needs to be improved as well.
          However he has one of the most important assets that are hard to learn: He has the right temper and nerves.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            And finally they're now using the Chinese ball-tracking tech, so there should be no more arguments or deliberation about where a ball goes.
            That's the reason they gave Leo Scullion the final, the worst ref out there for replacing balls, apart from that pretty good.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• The loss of that frame will hurt Murphy.

Comment

• I'm sure not many will agree with this, but I think Neil Robertson at his peak is the best potter/break builder ever. (or at least equal to O'Sullivan) That was an amazing clearance to steal the 9th frame.

Comment

• Never been a fan of Murphy but following his switch to a shorter bridge he seems to be hitting the ball less hard.I much prefer this less "bam-bam" style of play.
                  :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

• Murphy's inferiority in the safety department is the key difference in this match so far.

Comment

• wtf r the BBC doing?
                      :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
                        wtf r the BBC doing?
                        What they're always doing, f'king it up! I wouldn't mind but Cahill v Maguire is supposed to be on the eurosport player as well but it's not. So at the moment that match has no coverage and no live scoring. Sometimes snooker.....

-
                        Last edited by PatBlock; 26 April 2019, 10:24 AM.
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187
                          Yep, cool choice. Who thought the snooker fans would rather watch a full documentary about castles rather than wait an extra minute. And the red button is showing the mid-session interval on the other table rather than the Robertson/Murphy match.
                          Exactly why I've all but given up on them. I'm only watching then today because eurosport have massed up as well.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• The commentators on Eurosport said there was a power outage at the venue. They still have pictures of Robertson-Murphy, but without any graphics for the moment.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              The commentators on Eurosport said there was a power outage at the venue. They still have pictures of Robertson-Murphy, but without any graphics for the moment.
                              I see, thanks. Hasn't this happened before at the crucible?

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• someone put the 50p in the meter!
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X