2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Rane View Post
    He´s turning a bit into a new Jimmy White (White beeing much more likeable though) , stating after the last 16 that he deserved to be world champion.I think he missed his best years beeing sick, and I don´t see him as a potential worldchampion any more, but he has never really been able to stand up to O´Sullivan and Higgins. And these days many more has come in front of him. One title in two years isn´t really convincing to me.
    What a bone statement that is from Carter. No one deserves to be world champion other than the guy who "wins" it.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Well that's Trump a little closer, well done.
      Just need Robbo to sort himself out now !

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        It's about 10 seconds in - one of the first things he says.

But my criticism wasn't aimed at you, Stony. It was towards a later poster.
        I'm talking about what he says later. Start listening at 3:40.

"They all went in today, but they don't go in every day. That's probably why he hasn't won anything"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
          Do all British guys say "my missus" instead of "my wife" or is it a regional thing? It sounds just as condescending as "the wife" to my North American ears.
          It's more an old-fashioned thing common in working class areas, so the North of England, the East End of London etc.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            What a bone statement that is from Carter. No one deserves to be world champion other than the guy who "wins" it.
            Bit of pride recovered for Mags, couple of centuries helping to get him to 6 frames, too little too late though. Judd marches on....

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I'm talking about what he says later. Start listening at 3:40.

"They all went in today, but they don't go in every day. That's probably why he hasn't won anything"
              Ah. Still, I don't see anything wrong in that statement.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Just need Robbo to sort himself out now !
                All to do now....

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                  It's more an old-fashioned thing common in working class areas, so the North of England, the East End of London etc.
                  That's interesting. Mark Williams is Welsh and he used that term. I've also heard Gilbert and Milkins say it.

Comment

That's interesting. Mark Williams is Welsh and he used that term. I've also heard Gilbert and Milkins say it.
                    I'd say it's also a generational thing. Younger ladies are probably more likely to be offended by it, whereas my Mrs sees it as an affectionate term.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

• I take it Del Boy Hearn is just back from his Holidays judging by how red his Face was in that interview. Red as a freshly smacked arse.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                        All to do now.... -
                        Looking like a good start tho

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                        I'd say it's also a generational thing. Younger ladies are probably more likely to be offended by it, whereas my Mrs sees it as an affectionate term. -
                        Surely you mean "my missus"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                          Wow lol. I think I have read somewhere that Carter isn't actually that well liked on tour by the other players. Could be wrong though.
                          I have a memory of that...

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                            He actually said he couldn't see how Wilson hadn't won anything. I don't like the guy, but he started the interview fairly complementary. He did then go on to slate Wilson's style and technique, and bemoan his luck and Gary's good fortune, but he was at least gracious for the first 10 seconds.
                            Both sides of this argument are right, arsey ali said both things....

Yup he said "I can't understand how he hasn't won anything" at the beginning, however later in his interviews he says "in my opinion you can't keep going for those shots and getting them. There low percentage shots, they all went in today, so that means it's his day. They don't go in every day that's probably why he's never won anything?"

Afterwards he gets a bit Arsey Ali though - saying he had a lot of ball-run.

He also seems to acknowledge he underestimated him, "I didn't think he could play that well, but I'm sure Selby didn't, but it's all eyes on him for the semis so good luck to him." but later on says he didn't underestimate him "how can you underestimate someone in the quarter finals of the world championships, that's not really possible"

After about two minutes he starts to get really arsey, "his cue action isn't attractive to look at and his style isn't but he gets the balls in the hole"

Although he does accept he played below his own standards "It would have took my best game to win and I wasn't at my best"

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                              I have a memory of that...
                              It shouldn't really matter but it's interesting to know which players have real life needle between them when they meet on the table, even if it's irrelevant.

Murphy and O'Sullivan, Murphy and Mags come to mind.

Kyren Wilson and Judd Trump don't particularly like each other off the table iirc.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Looking like a good start tho
                                Think he's gonna be ok, JH not looking too good atm....
                                Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                                Surely you mean "my missus"
                                Quite right. And how about you're term of affection for the duchess? M'lady? your grace? (When you're not messing with the maids, that is).

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X