2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
    Both sides of this argument are right, arsey ali said both things....

Yup he said "I can't understand how he hasn't won anything" at the beginning, however later in his interviews he says "in my opinion you can't keep going for those shots and getting them. There low percentage shots, they all went in today, so that means it's his day. They don't go in every day that's probably why he's never won anything?"

Afterwards he gets a bit Arsey Ali though - saying he had a lot of ball-run.

He also seems to acknowledge he underestimated him, "I didn't think he could play that well, but I'm sure Selby didn't, but it's all eyes on him for the semis so good luck to him." but later on says he didn't underestimate him "how can you underestimate someone in the quarter finals of the world championships, that's not really possible"

After about two minutes he starts to get really arsey, "his cue action isn't attractive to look at and his style isn't but he gets the balls in the hole"

Although he does accept he played below his own standards "It would have took my best game to win and I wasn't at my best"
    That is what I heard as well. He started off complimentary but then goes off to left field.
    I actually like Ali but he was out of line to say the least with some comments.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      Thanks. I think I'd have preferred Higgins vs Trump next (so that at least either Gilbert or Wilson are guaranteed a final). But then that would mean both of them couldn't meet in the final.

None of the above probably makes any sense - I have a genuine and worrying inability to work out from those draws all the possible outcomes. I'm convinced I have some kind of dyslexia type thing when it comes to stuff like this. It doesn't make any sense to me.
      Last edited by Billy; 1 May 2019, 09:13 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
        That is what I heard as well. He started off complimentary but then goes off to left field.
        I actually like Ali but he was out of line to say the least with some comments.
        He's a bad loser and an angry little turd.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
          My dad refers to my mum as Grottbags
          Lolz, love is a many splendoured thing.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            This is confusing me.

What's the line up now? Who plays who in the upcoming matches?
            Those are potential finals.

Higgins plays Gilbert

Trump plays Wilson.

I was trying to approximate the preference of broadcasters as to the final. (There's only 4 outcomes here so it's not too bad, the fun part is doing it from the field of 32 at the start of the tournament).

Comment

• Odds (bet365)

Trump 4/5

Higgins 7/4

Gilbert 9/1

Wilson 14/1

Might have a small go on Gilbert.
              Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                Odds (bet365)

Trump 4/5

Higgins 7/4

Gilbert 9/1

Wilson 14/1

Might have a small go on Gilbert.
                Glad i got 6/1 for Trump , come on boy don't let me down !

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
                  Those are potential finals.

Higgins plays Gilbert

Trump plays Wilson.

I was trying to approximate the preference of broadcasters as to the final. (There's only 4 outcomes here so it's not too bad, the fun part is doing it from the field of 32 at the start of the tournament).
                  Thanks. I had another look at that link and it sank in. As it stands both Gilbert and Wilson could miss out on the final, but on the other hand they could meet one another.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• The man with quite possibly the shortest follow through on the tour is in another world semi, well done JH granite

Comment

• Originally Posted by Philthepockets View Post
                      The man with quite possibly the shortest follow through on the tour [...]
                      I thought that mantle belonged to Mark Allen.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        I thought that mantle belonged to Mark Allen.
                        Dave Harold!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                          Dave Harold!!!
                          Ha ha yes. He didn't have a backswing or a follow through!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                            Ha ha yes. He didn't have a backswing or a follow through!
                            It's incredible how coaches and books tell us about cue action. As long as you are comfortable and scoring well, it doesn't really matter IMO.
                            Last edited by fkhan; 1 May 2019, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• How is it possible that in one of the biggest matches of the snooker season the playing conditions were so bad? Is it sour grapes by Robertson or does he have a valid point?

Comment

• https://twitter.com/TracksideJay/sta...82189093351426

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X