2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Well, Stephen Hendry has all but written Higgins off in this semi-final.

Which roughly translated means Higgins mounts a come-back and wins it 17-14

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I'm telling you...
    Just call me Mystic Meg.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Just call me Mystic Meg.
      You wanna be right or you wanna be Mystic Meg?

Comment

• Not exactly world class standard in this session with loads of easy pots missed by both players. Nerves clearly came to Gilbert in the end and who can blame him?
        Higgins can be delighted going only with a 11-13 deficit into the final session after being already 7-12 behind and looking like he had totally lost confidence.

Comment

• John's turning on the grind now. Gilbert has sadly woken from his slumber and realised he's at the Crucible. Johns not in great form but the b game will win this unless Gilbert starts to believe again.

He needs to find some inner calm and play freely again or else he's done for.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• After Gilbert's flawless run so far I don't like to see him missing easy pots but I'm relieved he wavered enough to make it a two frame difference.
            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Just call me Mystic Meg.
              More like Septic Peg
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Higgins has been talking about retiring this year, and has been open about how devestating losing 2 WC finals has been for him. I suspect that he wouldn't bounce back from another loss this year. I wonder if he has put added pressure on himself, knowing each game good be his last?

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                  After Gilbert's flawless run so far I don't like to see him missing easy pots but I'm relieved he wavered enough to make it a two frame difference.
                  Yeh, I'm with you on that. I can never really enjoy seeing second rate snooker win just because some poor sod loses their bottle. No one likes to see it, that's no disrespect to John who is doing exactly what he should as a first rate pro.

It's a great reminder for me that the worlds is all about stamina and bottle. Talent too of course! But all these boys can play!

How's your pool by the way? Seem to remember you had a showdown with a young gun last year!
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                    Higgins has been talking about retiring this year, and has been open about how devestating losing 2 WC finals has been for him. I suspect that he wouldn't bounce back from another loss this year. I wonder if he has put added pressure on himself, knowing each game good be his last?
                    I think that's very plausible Mark, and if it's actually the case , imagine how well he could play if he gets to the final and just "feels good" all of a sudden.

Daft I know,but maybe the snooker gods think his overall talent deserves one more? It would certainly drive Ronnie to try harder to win a 6th if he did as it would bring him level.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                      John's turning on the grind now. Gilbert has sadly woken from his slumber and realised he's at the Crucible. Johns not in great form but the b game will win this unless Gilbert starts to believe again.

He needs to find some inner calm and play freely again or else he's done for.
                      Yep.

I thought Higgins battled back well though...

Comment

• Id be so pissed if Higgin wins. Higgins has had some outrageous flukes !

He's a professional grinder, that's for sure

Hope Gilbert is steady enough to get over the line

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                          Higgins has been talking about retiring this year, and has been open about how devestating losing 2 WC finals has been for him. I suspect that he wouldn't bounce back from another loss this year. I wonder if he has put added pressure on himself, knowing each game good be his last?
                          I'm more of the mind that with only Judd left he wishes that head found his mojo before now..... A bit risky to let his odds drift do much in this one though :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                            Yep.

I thought Higgins battled back well though...
                            Indeed me old fruit - Higgins is an all time great in every sense. Sheer class.

I see him as the "pace maker" that those who are left have to beat. He ain't gonna go away, get nervous, retreat etc. The player who wins will have to produce exceptional snooker to win. For me that's very few misses and taking a high % of chances. Dave didn't do that tonight, personally I would enjoy seeing him do that to tomorrow.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                              Indeed me old fruit - Higgins is an all time great in every sense. Sheer class.

I see him as the "pace maker" that those who are left have to beat. He ain't gonna go away, get nervous, retreat etc. The player who wins will have to produce exceptional snooker to win. For me that's very few misses and taking a high % of chances. Dave didn't do that tonight, personally I would enjoy seeing him do that to tomorrow.
                              Aw Bless re fruit lol.

I'm not sure if I'm a fan after the betting thing tbh, but the kids should watch and copy him re matchplay and I felt for him last year after the Selby loss.

Maybe this, or last, year was the last for the olde bods? But I sense that John trumps Judd or maybe Dave does?

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                                Aw Bless re fruit lol.

I'm not sure if I'm a fan after the betting thing tbh, but the kids should watch and copy him re matchplay and I felt for him last year after the Selby loss.

Maybe this, or last, year was the last for the olde bods? But I sense that John trumps Judd or maybe Dave does?
                                I have respect his game only and don't care to look deeper than snooker from a fan perspective. I too feel however this maybe his swan song, whatever the outcome.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X