X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blimey. alan mcmanus as a commentator is awful

Comment

• Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
      Hendry could have come out of retirement and won this year !
      Hendry most recently lost to Peter Lines and Barry Pinches, so thankfully there'll be no return

Comment

• Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post
        blimey. alan mcmanus as a commentator is awful
        Is this a joke?
        Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
          Hendry most recently lost to Peter Lines and Barry Pinches, so thankfully there'll be no return
          Jesus, no wonder he retired.

Comment

• what a snooker!
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              what a snooker!
              And what an escape

Comment

• Tense stuff am watching on I player seem to be a bit behind
                Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

• Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                  Is this a joke?
                  not at all! just my opinion. he can sound like a bit of school teacher telling someone off sometimes

Comment

• And Taylor doesn't vomit drivel out of my TV?

Comment

• Originally Posted by alphabetagaga View Post
                      not at all! just my opinion. he can sound like a bit of school teacher telling someone off sometimes
                      To honest I prefer that to Ken Doherty's neverending wisecracks.

Comment

• This certainly is a good advertisement to the general population tuning in out of curiousity. What a dreadful session.

Comment

• Finally a decent frame of snooker, the other three were just awful. :smile:

Comment

• Hadn't realised Hillsborough hapenned during the tournament.

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
                              To be honest I think Higgins future game would be best served by going out in this match.

If we wins the final he equals Ronnie's record, and you can be damn sure Ronnie would want to get that 6th title more than perhaps he has in the past few years since he really wanted to win back in 2012/2013 to join Davis and Hendry and leave Higgins slightly behind. (not personally at Higgins, but record books speak). It would make the next few years getting to the final tougher with a Ronnie who really cares about the worlds again.

If he loses in the final I can genuinely see him retiring. He's already talked about how he's had much more respect for Jimmy White now he's lost two finals in a row and can't understand how he didn't quit the game having lost 6. The difference between Jimmy and John is that John already has a decent record of winning the worlds, having won 4 finals. Whilst I'm sure players don't care about this stuff as much as us, going from 4 time winner to 4 time winner and potentially 4 time runner up would be a bit of a knock.

Losing in the semis probably wouldn't hurt so much in the long run, it would give him enough confidence to know he can still compete with the best without falling at the final hurdle again and all the conflated issues.
                              Ronnie wants to win it every year. He doesn't care how many titles Higgins has. He wants to equal or better Hendry's seven.
                              Sames goes for Higgins. He wants to win it every year.

Comment

• Wilson has to win the last two you'd think

Comment

Working...
                                X