2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    It wasn't as good as my prediction when I said Higgins would come back and win after Hendry wrote him off at 13-7 (or whatever it was at the time)

Okay, I got the final scoreline wrong when I said 17-14, but when Hendry writes a player off in a match, said player will go on to win.
    I think it was 12-7 and then 13-9. Gilbert needed to win one of the last two frames last night. Higgins played just about as poorly as possible and was only two frames behind.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
      My fantasy is that one of his opponents gets out his chair and drops him with a right upercut to the jaw. That would be awesome.
      I suspect that's against the rules.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

When Judd goes into his "naughty snooker" act at the end of frames it must be really annoying to his opponents. I'm not sure what the rules are in the EPL, but in the NFL in America it's considered to be in very poor taste to celebrate excessively. He's basically rubbing it into the face of his opponent when he does that.

My fantasy is that one of his opponents gets out his chair and drops him with a right upercut to the jaw. That would be awesome.
        We need quinten hann!

Comment

I suspect that's against the rules.
          Yeah, but wouldn't it be awesome.

Comment

• Well done Judd, unlucky for Gary he has had a great run and lots of money to take home.
            Speaking of money i have Judd at 6/1 to win from the very start, i hope that pesky Scott is too tired to keep up with him

Comment

• Trump with 88% pot success against Wilson. If he plays at that level against Higgins he has very little chance of winning. He needs at least two sessions of his A or B+ game to have any chance.

Comment

Yeah, but wouldn't it be awesome.
                No. I like Judd.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                  Good interview from John as well. He talks once again about scheduling at the end.

He is right, it has no sense that plays both sessions without almost rest

Final should be a 8-9-8-10 format; but right now it is a 17-18 format, because both sessions are played too tight in time

Comment

• McManus: "Just one question, Judd. Tell us what it's like coming down those stairs."
                    Trump: "Oh, it's amazing, isn't it?"
                    McManus: "I don't know."

Comment

• A world championship semi-final... the FLAGSHIP event.... and they can't even do the job of setting the f*cking table up correctly?....

Comment

No. I like Judd.
                        I go back and forth on Judd. For a while I was a fan and felt for him when he was playing poorly. But sometimes he comes across as being a bit full of himself and that annoys me a bit. The same with Ronnie. I'm a big fan, but sometimes his attitude and behaviour really makes me question why I cheer for him. Brecel is another one.

I'm really torn about tomorrow. I was hoping for a Gilbert vs Wilson final, so I don't want either of them to win. Higgins probably deserves another WC having made three finals in a row.

Comment

• Rematch of the 2011 final then.

Following 2017's rematch of the 2007 final.

Higgins to play Ken Doherty in next years final then?

Comment

When Judd goes into his "naughty snooker" act at the end of frames it must be really annoying to his opponents. I'm not sure what the rules are in the EPL, but in the NFL in America it's considered to be in very poor taste to celebrate excessively. He's basically rubbing it into the face of his opponent when he does that.

He's not really celebrating, he's just releasing a bit of tension from the arm and just giving the audience some entertainment. I don't feel its done in anyway to rub it into his opponent, if they take it personally I think they should find another game to play. Snooker is a psychological sport, Jimmy and Alex used to do that stuff all the time and I don't remember anyone saying that was disrespectful!

Comment

• Judd's game is very loose and he seems to prefer the gasps he gets from the audience with powerhouse shots instead of treating it like the touch sport it is. He's a great potter and one the best ever but other aspects have never quite been where they should be for someone with his talent. Every match I see him play there are always multiple shots that he goes for that commentary agree are plain wrong and he either flukes his way out of it or leaves an easy starter and goes back to his chair with that expression like he was unlucky and can't believe how it happened. He wastes good chances and loses far too many frames from his shot selection and desire to be flamboyant. That said he has got to the final and while I wish him well but I will of course be hoping John takes an early lead and it increases from there.

Busy day for Virgo as well commentating on both semi finals 4th sessions. Has that happened before?
                              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by thevenue2 View Post
                                A world championship semi-final... the FLAGSHIP event.... and they can't even do the job of setting the f*cking table up correctly?....
                                Personally I think setting up a table on a sprung floor is not easy, they don't get a lot of time to set the table up. They have to take down the two tables, move one to the middle, set up lighting, then get the table setup all overnight.

I also feel this tournament that both tables prior to the final had problems. For the first week the left hand table played poor, the second week the one on the right did. I think its cloth, maybe a bad batch or something. All season mostly conditions been as good as ever, the blame of chalk is ridiculous. Ronnie and Trump won as much as anyone this season and they both use Triangle, I just feel some players are on commission to talk up Taom and every so often conditions will be bad and so they use the excuses again.

Hawkins and Wilson had 3 bad kicks in one session with both using Taom, explain that!

Comment

Working...
                                X