Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    So you're looking to kidnap his wife?

I don't think I have ever searched "John Higgins" before so these are relevant to global Google search results.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I'll believe you. Lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
        That's not really true. Those two look that way because when they came up yesterday I actually clicked on them and did a search. If I had taken that screen shot a few hours earlier they all would have been the same colour and the remove option wouldn't have been there. Now it's possible that a few years ago I did some searches about the incident and google remembered those. But then I knew that the event didn't happen in Russia, so I wouldn't have done that specific search.
        Well it's pulled them in from somewhere, as it's not doing so for anyone else! Perhaps because you're on US Google and so everything is seen through the lens of "The Russians are coming!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
          Well it's pulled them in from somewhere, as it's not doing so for anyone else! Perhaps because you're on US Google and so everything is seen through the lens of "The Russians are coming!"
          It looks like the Russians have already come and taken over.

I'm actually using google.ca. I can't imagine too many Canadians googling John Higgins. I just tried DuckDuckGo which I rarely use to get a neutral perspective. I get results like actor, estate agent, referee, attorney, roofing, and obituary. Bing gives me Denise Higgins as a popular search.

I think google definitely knows too much about me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post

I think google definitely knows too much about me.
            Google knows too much about everyone - I tend to tell different lies to most websites, but it does get confusing when emails start arriving in April wishing me a happy birthday - my birthday isn't in April

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              So, only the World final remains... To be honest, I am a little relieved that we have two top players meeting in the biggest match of the season, because having an outsider in the World final would increase the chances of getting a one-sided match, and that's definitely not something I want to see here. :smile:
              I'm a little disappointed that we don't have an outsider in the final, because having an outsider in there would increase the chances of us experiencing something truly special and memorable. OK, should be a good, maybe even great, match, but we've been here before and for me, it's a shame that the fairytale ending is now no longer a possibility.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                Google knows too much about everyone - I tend to tell different lies to most websites, but it does get confusing when emails start arriving in April wishing me a happy birthday - my birthday isn't in April
                My brother-in-law is always getting on me about being too truthful when registering for sites, etc. He's paranoid about privacy and not giving out personal information. I've been on the internet for 25 years and haven't had any issues or problems. I think it helps not owning any property and not having much money. Any hackers using my personal information would be very disappointed.

Comment

• I'm having trouble getting excited about this final. I was really hoping that Robertson would make it. Something like Robertson vs Brecel would have been great. Two non-UK players. Or Ding finally getting his first world title would have made me happy. I suspect his ship might have sailed.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    So, only the World final remains... To be honest, I am a little relieved that we have two top players meeting in the biggest match of the season, because having an outsider in the World final would increase the chances of getting a one-sided match, and that's definitely not something I want to see here. :smile:
                    Totally agree with you.

Comment

• Trump hasn't even turned 30 yet and he's only 150 centuries behind Higgins. He's definitely going to surpass the total that O'Sullivan gets to unless Ronnie plays deep into his forties and Trump decides to retire relatively early.

Comment

• My google paramaters when I type "John Higgins" are:

Higgins.jpg

So again a different one.

Comment

• Great to see Higgins and Trump having a friendly chat before being introduced.

Comment

• What on earth were Judd and John chatting about there?

Don't think I've ever seen the finalists chatting before coming out (seen it in early rounds but not the final).

Comment

• BBC commentators - McManus - yeeeh! Virgo -oh pooop!

come on Alan , keep talking to keep John quiet!

roll on the McManusisms!
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                                My google paramaters when I type "John Higgins" are:

[ATTACH]19227[/ATTACH]

So again a different one.
                                What the hell is a komponist?

Comment

Working...
                                X