• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well said mal
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave View Post
      Agree, landslide and then Perry beating ROS in the final. Would be a total apocalyptic anti climax of the tournament. Would not surprise me, Perry doing a Dotty!
      Please no!

Comment

• The turn in the match was definite Hendry missing that red on 53 in the left middle pocket. He would have gone one ahead. (or was it level?). From there he got steamrolled!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Black_cat View Post
          And now Hendry will win tonight's session 8-0...is a thought that just crossed my mind.Honest, I'm not trying to wind anyone up. Anything can happen.
          You seem to have been very pessimistic about ROS this tournament BC..

Hendry could indeed have a blinding session and pot everything in sight, but thats extremely unlikely as the pressure will be on him every shot, as he knows how well ROS is playing.

At the very best he's bound to miss 2 or 3 pots in the balls and this could be all that ROS needs to easily mop up a couple of frames..

The only real chance of Hendry winning 8-0 is if he does an Ebdon or Selby and melts Ronnies brain with boredom.

But Hendry would never do that.
          Last edited by dannyd0g; 2 May 2008, 12:15 PM.
          "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

• Originally Posted by toupihiggins View Post
            Ronnie was lucky to have 2 of the easiest games he could get (Chang and Wembo) so he had lots of time to practice before meeting hendry in the semis..
            95% potting success...that fantastic..great to watch..but since i've never ever been a ronnie's fan......Come:snooker: on Stephen,Ali,Perry or whoever can beat him.
            Kind of makes up for last years draw doesn't it?

Comment

• The turn in the match was definite Hendry missing that red on 53 in the left middle pocket. He would have gone one ahead. (or was it level?). From there he got steamrolled!
              What about Hendry snookering himself after potting the green in the left middle pocket when leading 4-1? That was a real shocker. It took him several attempts to get out of it, lost that frame, and never won one ever since.

I know that a match of this length is not decided by one or two mistakes, but still..

Comment

• Originally Posted by rivercard View Post

I know that a match of this length is not decided by one or two mistakes, but still..
                Against ROS it sometimes is and Hendry knows that. Knowing that puts so much pressure on him that he makes that kind of mistakes.

Comment

• Hendry was lucky to get to 4-1 in the first place, Ronnie should have snatched a frame to go 3-2 but Hendry got the run of the ball that time.. That's what this game about though and I would suggest both players have had their share of luck in this match.

Comment

• Ronnie better than Hawkeye

Ronnie in that session was better than Hawkeye. He thinks 3 or 4 shots ahead while Hawkeye focuses on one at a time. Some of the splits were better than Hawkeye could have done. Ronnie would have beaten the computer

Question now: What price on another 17-4 victory?
                    sigpic
                    Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• This match has simply ruined the tournament. The Perry v Carter match for me will be the final as whoever wins isn't likely to win. Its 2004 all over again.
                      TSF World Champion 2010
                      TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                      BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
                        This match has simply ruined the tournament. The Perry v Carter match for me will be the final as whoever wins isn't likely to win. Its 2004 all over again.
                        Not true. ROS "ruined" the tournament because he is simply too good when his mind is in the right place.

Comment

• OK, in first place Ronnie shouldn't even be participating in this years World Champs, or has anyone forgot his behaviour in China? Obviously World Snooker decided to go for the easy way and not take any action. (even if he had a fine it means nothing to his bank account).

Secondly even if ROS wins this match he will still look way down to Hendry because he will never win more than 36 (not even near) ranking titles or 7 world titles.

Finally the crowd are bloody idiots. Why do they waste their time cheering and applausing Ronnie if he doesn't care a single bit for his fans (he never did and he never will).

Comment

• Exactly. That is all about this game of snooker. And it happens to all matches with all players involved.

It is not interesting at all to watch such playing. I tend to believe it is nothing but some weird mysterious force in the air unfairly distributing all the certain lucks or misfortunes to the two opposite sides, and leading to a certain outcome. Therefore, I suggest tennis with Nadal on clay be the best sports entertaining in the world.

Originally Posted by Mal View Post
                            I do agree that Ronnie has played very well, but Stephen had his chances and should have won the first two frames today - at least. After this, Ronnie was buzzing and as Stephen said himself in his interview, Ronnie is the best front runner in the game, and you can't afford to let him get too far ahead. If Stephen had got those first two frames, IMO, Ronnie wouldn't have had the same buzz and confidence boost and Stephen would also have felt much better, so we'd have a completely different match.

First thing for Stephen is to get some respectability back - I think he needs to win the session at least 6-2, but I'm afraid I can't see it.

Comment

• Geez, you Anti Ronnie people are really going at it in this tournament aren't you? I'm stunned

Comment

• Originally Posted by doorag View Post
                                Geez, you Anti Ronnie people are really going at it in this tournament aren't you? I'm stunned
                                Well if you think you can just walk away from matches and insult people at press conferences and get away with no consequences is fine, sure.

As the great Alex Higgins said: "Snooker is the most corrupt sport in the world.. you can shove it up your jacksie 'cause I'm not playing no more."

Comment

Working...
                                X