Clear All

• Nice long red from Carter, hope he can take this chance now

Comment

• He couldn't, it seems.

Comment

• Ronnie getting his long potting going

Comment

• Come on carter win this 8th frame
          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• The absolute only way this final will be anything else than one-sided is for Carter to win frames like the seventh. He needs to capitalize when he's among the balls, and hope for the best. Giving away those in addition to Ronnies many 50+ frame winning breaks will make this a three-session affair.

Comment

• He's only just about hanging on to O Sullivan's coat tails!

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                He's only just about hanging on to O Sullivan's coat tails!
                and the match hasnt even come alight yet

Comment

• Originally Posted by hoggar View Post
                  The absolute only way this final will be anything else than one-sided is for Carter to win frames like the seventh. He needs to capitalize when he's among the balls, and hope for the best. Giving away those in addition to Ronnies many 50+ frame winning breaks will make this a three-session affair.
                  You may have a point there hoggar.

Comment

• latest odds to win final

Ronnie O'Sullivan 1/66

Ali carter 14/1

Comment

• Well, with 6-2 already, this will just be about margins and records, I think. Carter will want to avoid the 18-2 loss, obviously (should manage that, at least...) and Ronnie is just five centuries away from Hendrys record (in one WC, that is). If one or two of those frames in the beginning had been centuries, it might have been doable... but five centuries in just 12 frames might be impossible.

So, in conclusion, we can stop watching now, cause nothing more of importance will happen.

Comment

• will the remaining sessions be 9 nine frames each?

Comment

• This could very well end up being one the biggest winning margins since Parrott in 91, should Ronnie step up a gear.

But on that occasion, Parrott played snooker on par with an in-the-zone O'Sullivan, whereas Carter has had quite a few chances.

Pity really. It's not over yet, but this looks like a stride in the park for Ronnie.

Comment

• Originally Posted by zong View Post
                            will the remaining sessions be 9 nine frames each?

from memory its 8-8-8-11

Comment

• Maybe I'm too critical but Ronnie's positional play has been quite average this afternoon, compared to what happened in the last 6 frames of the second session of the semi. Decent and effective safeties, lovely snooker behind the brown before the interval, confident long pots in the last 2 or 3 frames but blatant misses when in amongst the balls, all of this happening while Carter wasn't playing almost anything.
                              Really.
                              Apart from the lovely century he made, he seemed too terrified to even be there and he awarded Ronnie a zillion chances this afternoon.
                              6-2 is flattering indeed, 5-3 or 4-all would have been closer to the truth. Apart from that, it has been rather exciting.
                              S.P.I.L.F.

Comment

• I'm just hoping the 2nd session will be 6-2 the other way but it's not likely, but there's nothing in wrong in dreaming i suppose

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                                X