• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Maija View Post
    Mags for the title! Seriously.
    Yes, beating O'Sullivan in the final

I'd like to see Day/Hendry vs Carter though
    Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
      What about the Nugget beating Ronnie in the 1997 Masters final from 8-4 behind with the help of a streaker
      Steve Davis was 38 at that time not 39 and to be honest Ronnie threw that lead away and Steve did not play all that well to win it.....

it was a sort of Ebdon type getting in to the mind of Ronnie type win......

Hendry Today looked like he would score given a chance as heavily as anyone left in the tournament.....yes that might not be the case in the next round we will have to wait and see about that.....

as for maguire yes he played well breaks all over the place but Robertson has helped him and i will say he has peaked to soon because hes done it before last year infact......

i remember in 1999 the year hendry won it last John Higgins was the player of the tournament winning early matches easy with 8-0 seshions in the 2nd round and the Q/F then in the semi final he lost.....last year Maguire played the best up to the semi final and Higgins won it.....i believe its best to keep form in the bag and not get it out to soon........

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ekphantos View Post
        Yes, beating O'Sullivan in the final

I'd like to see Day/Hendry vs Carter though
        O'Sullivan? Why not Swail then?

But hopefully the final will be more exciting than 8-0 after the first session Well done Stephen, looking forward to the evening session now.:snooker:
        ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
          last year Maguire played the best up to the semi final and Higgins won it.....i believe its best to keep form in the bag and not get it out to soon........
          He said himself that he thought he had won the match before he went to play that last sesh. It never pays to assume things like that in snooker, so I'm sure he won't do that particular mistake again.
          Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

• Carter for runner up then if all things follow suit.
            TSF World Champion 2010
            TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
            BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

• Good start to ROS-Williams as Ronnie took a 68-21 lead, then let Williams right back in the match (assisted by two fouls from the Rocket); Williams took a 70-68 lead late but could not sink the final black, handing the frame over to O'Sullivan. THAT was dramatic.

Frame 2 has begun, O'Sullivan just got four points after Williams went in-off on a cut shot at yellow pocket that sent the white too far to the middle. Mark is on a nice run now, 56-4.
              Last edited by TheStranger; 26 April 2008, 06:46 PM.
              "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

• Has anyone else spotted Shrek in the audience?! Right behind Ronnie, wearing an "I heart snooker" tee I think I'm going to give the rest of this match a miss, though, don't want to fall behind with Dr Who!

I'm chuffed to bits for Ali, the evening session was short but sweet. Is this something like the first semi this season that Murf will not appear in?
                Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

• Interesting match so far...
                  Come on Jimmy!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maija View Post
                    I think I'm going to give the rest of this match a miss, though, don't want to fall behind with Dr Who!
                    Dr who is shyte im off to the pub for a few beers

Comment

• Ronnie takes the 3rd frame 72-48 after a bit of a tactical battle late in the colors, when Mark needed a snooker or two to keep himself in striking distance. O'Sullivan beautifully potted the pink on a double from top rail to the bottom left corner.

ROS is ahead 2-1 in this best of 25.
                      "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

• Ronnie had a chance to pot the pink in the middle pocket, but prefered safety...tension rising between those two?
                        Come on Jimmy!!!!

Comment

• Great match so far!! 2-2

Comment

• Ronnie's crowd is always f***** annoying.

Comment

• 140 by Ronnie, 3-2

Comment

• Great matches today! Amazing whitewash by Maguire and stun wins from Hendry and Carter
                                And a great match between Ronnie nad Mark!
                                2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                                2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Working...
                                X