This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by spike View Post
    I think it's very harsh to say Steven's career is over if he loses. He has shown today he still has the ability & talent to be a big threat to anyone still
    i agree with what youre saying. i think "over" was intended as over compared to what hes been used to and "wont be the same again".

at least thats what i took it to mean

Comment

I am not sure, but this loss could mean he goes out of the top 16, depending what the others will do. And this season his performances have been very poor. After the Shaghai he even did not progress to the second round in any tournament. Even failed to qualify for some tournaments.

Well, hes in now, lets hope for the best.

Comment

Nothing to take away from Higgins really, but Stevens has been really careless today. Just look at his attempts on spliting the pack, 90% have been rubbish and that's not just bad luck.

Comment

Maybe one reason for his poor performances other the last couple of seasons is that he has other interests like playing pro/celebrity poker. I remember him being interviewed after losing a poker game on tv saying that he can make more money from playing poker than Snooker
          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

And the red to the middle pocket, a sitter. Well, I really cant get around why he has slumped this way. Puzzled.

Comment

I think John will win this frame and the match. He was the better player, imo. And, as Semih said, he could win this tournament.
              "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

think MS has resigned himself to being up against an almost impossible hill to climb now and in so isnt keeping concentration. looks to be match over.

the match on the other table has remained quite slow, though not boring

Comment

I think Ryan Day will come good this time and oust John

Comment

He may well do, but it's still a little to early to say as there are still a lot of good players we haven't seen hit a ball so far. Very early days!
                    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Stevens is out of the top 16 next season, because of this.

I dont think Higgins will win it. Though he has a pretty draw. I am gunning for one of the 3 pretty boys in the bottom half draw

Comment

Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave View Post
                        maybe so, if it happens no doubt therell be a lot of discussion on it

Comment

Higgins' break building ability is quite something.

Comment

in the end it was a convincing win for higgy, but one he worked har for at times.

first time M Stevens has went out in the first round at sheffield?

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer View Post
                              in the end it was a convincing win for higgy, but one he worked har for at times.

first time M Stevens has went out in the first round at sheffield?
                              That's right. Since his debut in 1998.

Comment

Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave View Post
                                He has a good chance. Day's game was and is very solid and he will be a tougher opponent than Stevens was ....but i think John will win that match too.
                                "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

Working...
                                X