This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Miss_S View Post
    'Mon Carter! I need someone to cheer me up, so hopefully the Captain is up for the job.
    I hope he could win this one.....he could help me win some money.....
    "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• my thought on the first day is how solid higgins played he looks in the zone and in fine form...although sometimes he seems to drift off and throw a bad game in, and what a great potter joe swail is !

Comment

• 2-3 now, and The Captain in amongst the balls.

Originally Posted by Miss_S View Post
        'Mon Carter! I need someone to cheer me up, so hopefully the Captain is up for the job.

Comment

• When Stevens took the first three of the evening, he got the perfect start. He needed to win one of the next two too, as at 8-6, it's back in the balance, but 9-5 is a lot to come back from (even if bigger mountains have been climbed).

2 centuries to finish off as well. A clinical start....

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
            Well Higgins and Stevens have played 14 times in competitive play with Higgins coming out on top by 10 wins to Stevens 4. So even if Stevens was playing with the consistency he use to you would still have to fancy Higgins with that one stat alone
            In the Worlds (whith longer matches)they where 1-1 before this match

But yeah, I knew it would be a tough match for Matt with his current form anyway.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Miss_S View Post

id rather Barry won

think both are of similar ability though, so it should be a good match. its been slow but fairly good so far

Comment

• Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                my thought on the first day is how solid higgins played he looks in the zone and in fine form...although sometimes he seems to drift off and throw a bad game in, and what a great potter joe swail is !
                Swail played well, but having watched all nine frames on Eurosport, he was lucky at times. 6-3 would be a fairer score I think, but Lee has to come out and win the first 3 or 4 tomorrow now

Comment

• True, I am pretty sure no pub for Statsy and Kellie on their first night!

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer View Post
                  id rather Barry won

think both are of similar ability though, so it should be a good match. its been slow but fairly good so far

Comment

• Originally Posted by rambon View Post
                    Swail played well, but having watched all nine frames on Eurosport, he was lucky at times. 6-3 would be a fairer score I think, but Lee has to come out and win the first 3 or 4 tomorrow now
                    I thought joe swails potting was top drawer at times, with some great positional play...and he moves the white around very well although seemed to get a few kicks today..a dark horse maybe ? possible quarter final place at best ?? :snooker:

Comment

• Dont know about anyone else but you can sense even at this early stage that the Hawkins v Carter match is going to go to the wire!
                      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Wheres Joe then? Top draw? Then hes in with a chance! Bottom half, no way.

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                        I thought joe swails potting was top drawer at times, with some great positional play...and he moves the white around very well although seemed to get a few kicks today..a dark horse maybe ? possible quarter final place at best ?? :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                          Dont know about anyone else but you can sense even at this early stage that the Hawkins v Carter match is going to go to the wire!
                          yeah it looks like one will have to improve drastically and the other to falter to make any margin, otherwise its sure to be close.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave View Post
                            Wheres Joe then? Top draw? Then hes in with a chance! Bottom half, no way.
                            not sure...just nice to think of an under-dog doing well...we had joe johnson so maybe now joe swail.....

Comment

• Just looked, top half draw, next round either Ken or Wenbo. Definite a chance there!

Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                              not sure...just nice to think of an under-dog doing well...we had joe johnson so maybe now joe swail.....

Comment

• Sure if Swail played Doherty he would be in with a good chance as Doherty has been disappointing, but underestimate crafty Ken at your peril!
                                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                                X