This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
    Let's hope Steve Davis can do the same thing tonight and what a double celebration that would be!
    that would wipe out my profit!
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Well I haven't read through all the posts by any means but wanted to give my impressions on today.

Davis was at times painful to watch, but can grind down Bingham. Safety needs to be perfect though.

Thought Day played very well for 4 frames but the break did Judge some good. Hurdle cleared though and looking forward to Higgins vs Day, as both will bring out the best in the other.

Selby vs King, barely saw a ball so won't comment.

Hendy vs Allen. Great game. Errors, good break-building the lot. The way hendry came out to come back to 6-6 was brilliant, Allen dug in and got to 8-7. Hendry should have had it back to 8-8, but Allen went 2 clear with 3 to play. 17 was Hendry, then 18... Allen seemed too interested in the scoreboard, and I think that lost him concentration. He then tried a miracle shot on the blue (he does hit the ball TOO hard for me).

19 was Hendry at his composed bet. Interested to see where he rates that 75 amongst his best breaks at the Crucible

Comment

• It's very unlikely he will win, would just be nice to see the old timers come good!
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by rivercard View Post
          I've never thought inexperience can play such a huge part, but Cope yesterday, and Allen today are showing all the weaknesses. Both great potters and breakbuilders, but that's just not enough, they're really missing the mental strength.
          They can both improve, of course.
          I'm buzzing to see the old battle-scarred war horses Hendry and Ebdon winning through against the very best of the new generation: Allen and Cope will have another 15 years to get past round 1, but they've both been taught a lesson this week !
          "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

• Great long pot from Steve, nice start of this second session.

Comment

• That could be the last time Steve Davis walks out into the Crucible theatre. Should've been a standing ovation.
              TSF World Champion 2010
              TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
              BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

• Good point. It also showed the way he played that pink at 100 miles an hour in the right middle pocket. Where a subtle roll in would have been okay. The same applies to Cope, also hitting the ball to hard.

ps. I guess I will switch to The Williams match, dreadful start of the davis match and they clap every ball he plays, even straight forward pots. Disgusting!

Originally Posted by rambon View Post
                . He then tried a miracle shot on the blue (he does hit the ball TOO hard for me).

19 was Hendry at his composed bet. Interested to see where he rates that 75 amongst his best breaks at the Crucible

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
                  That could be the last time Steve Davis walks out into the Crucible theatre. Should've been a standing ovation.
                  Nah, I'm sure he'll be back to interview a future chjampion someday. :P

But I know what you mean.

Comment

• King proving doubters wrong

King is unlucky to be behind going into tomorrow. He scored better in that session and will be fired up again tomorrow morning to take the Shark all the way. King to triumph 10-9
                    sigpic
                    Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Is it me or is Bingham's shirt just too bright?
                      TSF World Champion 2010
                      TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                      BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

• King with extra motivation

With Mark Allen and Matthew Stevens going out in the first round, a victory for Mark King will all but seal a Top 16 place for next season. So close now for the Romford Godfather

15 Mark Allen 2800 25725
                        16 Matthew Stevens 25413
                        17 Ken Doherty 1400 25119
                        18 Mark King 2800 25000
                        19 Jamie Cope 24744
                        20 Joe Swail 3800 24725
                        21 Stuart Bingham 2800 23625
                        sigpic

Comment

• King misses last red in maximum attempt

For those of you who were watching the other match, Mark King missed a difficult last red along the cusion after potting 14reds/14blacks in his maximum attempt. It was a great 122 break nevertheless. He'll know that just one win could be enough to secure a place back in a Top 16 which he should never be out of. He'll be even more fired up tomorrow if that is possible
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
                            For those of you who were watching the other match, Mark King missed a difficult last red along the cusion after potting 14reds/14blacks in his maximum attempt. It was a great 122 break nevertheless. He'll know that just one win could be enough to secure a place back in a Top 16 which he should never be out of. He'll be even more fired up tomorrow if that is possible
                            Err that will be 112, unless he was on for a 157... Now I know you THINK he's ten points better than everyone else, but steady on

Have you ever posted on another topic out of interest?

Comment

• Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave View Post
                              Good point. It also showed the way he played that pink at 100 miles an hour in the right middle pocket. Where a subtle roll in would have been okay. The same applies to Cope, also hitting the ball to hard.

ps. I guess I will switch to The Williams match, dreadful start of the davis match and they clap every ball he plays, even straight forward pots. Disgusting!
                              Did I really say blue? I meant pink obviously. He got a snooker in frame 12 earlier as well and then tried to blast a black in to get on the yellow, and only succeeded in sending it off the table (it landed in Rotherham I think he hit it that hard)

Comment

• You often see it in gay bars here!

Think Dale's shirt was more brighter!
                                Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
                                Is it me or is Bingham's shirt just too bright?

Comment

Working...
                                X