Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really well done to king - he was the best players and earned it.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• over the moon
      cant stand selbys smug face
      king blitzed him
      is rite king lad.

Comment

• Brilliant!! Congratz Mark King!

And kudos to the guy with the fonzie-avatar (I forget his nickname) who predicted this

Comment

• Selby´s out! I would have loved to see him win, but King was the best today. He was really potting well.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Yes Mark Selby didn't reach the same standard of play he has shown previously this season - maybe the pressure, being one of the favourites to lift the trophy, got to him a little?

Mark King on the other hand choose this occasion to play his best snooker for quite some time - hats off to a well deserved winner!

Comment

• King through

Everyone here will be getting indigestion from eating their words now. I think i was the only one here to predict a King victory and the Romford Godfather delivers, beating the player of the season 10-8. He can go all the way now

sigpic
              Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Originally Posted by doorag View Post
                Brilliant!! Congratz Mark King!

And kudos to the guy with the fonzie-avatar (I forget his nickname) who predicted this
                You mean The Boss? Yeah, great predicting indeed. I suspect he's Mark King's manager or something He hasn't been online during the match
                Give'em hell, Mark :snooker:

Comment

• Well done to King! This is the first really big shock of this Crucible. Selby was given favourite by so many ...
                  Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
                  http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

• Yes well done by King but you've got to admit it was a surprising result, judging by what we knew before the match.

Comment

• well done to mark king

He plays ebdon in round 2 :snooker: spot the difference?

Comment

• Well done Mark King, I feared for the tournament if Selby was able to settle in and bring his usual negative approach to his games. Selby showed he is limited to what he can do to win and found King a different proposition to the players he has beaten this season. King showed a mental strength that was tough enough and held himself together brilliantly under pressure.

Comment

• Bravo King surprise in the first round . Well deserved victory
                          Winner of crucible 77's 2008 Jiangsu Classic Fantasy Snooker Game
                          Winner of 2009 China Open Prediction Contest

Comment

• I'm glad that King have won it! Congratulations Mark !
                            I think Selby concentrate too much on PR things and he was unsettled during the match.
                            But the happiest man is certainly Peter Ebdon...
                            Winner of 2008 Grand Prix Prediction Contest

Comment

• If Selby squared things to make it 8 frames all how different it could've been! I'm gutted because i had a biggish win on Selby and expected a really good run for my money. Though i have to admit that's the best i've seen King in years and fully deserves the win, playing out of his skin at times! Ebdon v King next, and i just hope for King's sake he can maintain that form again Ebdon
                              "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• King wins it for Bosses

Only 3 of the 93 participants in the prediction contest predicted a win for the great man. We are the following:

The Boss
                                Matoski
                                ADR147
                                sigpic
                                Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

Working...
                                X