This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by wildhoney28 View Post
    I'm glad that King have won it! Congratulations Mark !
    I think Selby concentrate too much on PR things and he was unsettled during the match.
    But the happiest man is certainly Peter Ebdon...
    i am not sure - ebdon i think does not have a good record against king.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• King ready for Swimmer

King has drowned the Shark. Now the Swimmer awaits. King fears no one. King fired up to go all the way
      sigpic
      Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
        Only 3 of the 93 participants in the prediction contest predicted a win for the great man. We are the following:

The Boss
        Matoski
        ADR147
        nothing to say just fancied quoting that..................

Comment

• Well done Mark King! I'm glad cos Selby creeps me out a bit - the photo used by the bbc makes him look like a vampire.

Anyone know what has happened to the bbc two live streaming? I can't find it on the bbc website anywhere

Comment

• So now its time for Dott.
            He is not my favourite player,but with his illness and other problems i wish him a win with Perry. He needs it so much now.
            It will be another great scenario during the championships.
            C'mon Dotty!!!
            Winner of 2008 Grand Prix Prediction Contest

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
              King has drowned the Shark. Now the Swimmer awaits. King fears no one.
              I've got to say, I laughed at that - well done!

Ebdon, Hendry, Ding, Dott and ideally Maguire - if all these men go out I will relax and enjoy the tournament much easier, regardless of who lifts the title

EDIT: changed my mind - King out, Maguire can stay if he must.
              Last edited by gavpowell; 22 April 2008, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• What a shame I missed the Selby-King match, I'm so delighted King went through!

I must admit I thought King was a soft draw for Selby, but he proved me wrong, very well done!

Comment

• Mark Davis is a joke... I fail to see how players of such low quality reach the final stages.

Comment

• I think The Boss is Mark King...

There's one thing that always makes me laugh with King, and that's the memory of the clothes he used to wear. He used to have the biggest collared shirts you will ever have seen.... Anyone got a picture?

Comment

• The boss hasn´t found out that Mark King is no. 14 in the rankings now with a good chance to end in top 16. I guess his next post will be about Mark King as provisional no. 1 after the UK championship.
                      ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                      "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Mark Davis is a joke... I fail to see how players of such low quality reach the final stages.
                        Well, Mark Davis is probably my least favourite player on the Tour, so it's nice to watch Williams slaughter him.

That being said, no matter how much I dislike him, one doesn't stay on the Tour for so long playing that badly. He's playing well below his own standard this time.

Comment

• Mark Davis happened to be a better player than what we our seeing on our screens today! He's not been on tv for a while, playing Someone like Mark Williams, and also not having played at the Crucible for some years cant be easy for him! Still i would've expected him to put a better fight than what he has at present!
                          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• one assumes he won his qualifying rounds.......

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                              one assumes he won his qualifying rounds.......
                              He only had 1 to play I think (or might have been two).

Anyway, he's won 2 knock-out games this season, which is the equivalent to Mr Dott isn't it, or is it slightly better?

The thing is there's nowhere to hide in World Snooker anymore, as White, Davis, Parrott, Swail, Lee and countless others have found out in recent years....

Comment

• Most of the players seem to be getting in the habit of giving the table a good old whack when they miss an easy shot! Michael Holt has a lot to answer for you know!
                                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                                X