Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The shock defeat of Dave Harold will reverberate across the snooker world. Only Bingham and King left now in that half of the draw. Nonentities like Shaun Murphy and Stephen Maguire have no chance. And I can't wait to see Joe Swail wipe the floor with them in the final

Comment

• Mal:

3-2 now. This is getting interesting.

Comment

• I take you're not a fan of Murphy or Maguire then
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Ronnie bottled it there and threw the frame away missing an easy pot.

Liu clears up the colours and wins the frame to trail by one frame at 2-3

Comment

• Originally Posted by Marc View Post
            Ronnie bottled it there and threw the frame away missing an easy pot.

Liu clears up the colours and wins the frame to trail by one frame at 2-3

looks more like hes messing about out there....giving loads of chances and not taking his own....

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mal View Post
              The shock defeat of Dave Harold will reverberate across the snooker world. Only Bingham and King left now in that half of the draw. Nonentities like Shaun Murphy and Stephen Maguire have no chance. And I can't wait to see Joe Swail wipe the floor with them in the final
              Again I am loving the fact that people are behind Joe as much as I am but to call Shaun and Maguire non-entities is a rather blinded view IMO. I think that they are very strong contenders for this title and I fail to understand why you think they have no chance

Both players have played the most consistently all season as far as I can see and with Crucible experience behind them I'm not seeing why you think things are going to go so wrong for them - can you explain that one please???

However I do hope Swail gets to the final and indeed wipes the floor with whoever he may face
              "The five S’s of sports training are: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit;
              but the greatest of these is Spirit." Ken Doherty

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                I take you're not a fan of Murphy or Maguire then
                I actually don't mind either and would fancy their chances more than Ronnie.
                I've bet on Maguire to win at the start of the tournament - Signal Fire's comments are laughable!
                But to be honest, if Joe Swail was to win, I'd be happy

Can Ken the comeback king do it tonight?

Comment

• Stella147
                  Don't worry - as per above comment, I think Murphy and Maguire are both great players. It's hard to translate being sarcastic over email! But having said that...

I do love Joe Swail - great guy and character and of course from my homeland, but I'd be amazed (pleasantly so!) if he was to win. He may well get to the quarters or even semis and have a good event.

Comment

• for a second i thought you were signal fire
                    screw it

http://90minutesandmore.blogspot.com

Comment

• There's no doubting Ken Doherty's fighting qualities and he's more than capable of making a comeback so there is still every chance he can as he's proved it many times in the past. Would be lovely to see Joe win the championship as he's one of the nicest guys in Snooker but i just cant see it! He's very enjoyable to watch though when he's flowing! All the best Joe for the rest of the tournament

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Well, well, well... Ronnie will have to work to win this one!

Comment

• Doherty is 6/1 - I might float a few quid at it (not too many, maybe just a couple of grand )

I think he has a chance and 6/1 odds are fair - He clearly needs to win at least three of the first four frames. If he can get back to within two frames, it could get interesting.

Comment

• First time in a while I see Ronnie O'Sullivan breaking off right handed!!!
                            Give'em hell, Mark :snooker:

Comment

• Those odds seem a little short for me with a 5 frame deficit to come back from! Still anything is possible i suppose

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Ronnie is in trouble here! Looks like he could go 4-3 down after being 3-0 up!

Comment

Working...
                                X