X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King in form

Originally Posted by attilahun View Post
    You Sir know your snooker, and i want to appolgize for my comments regarding you and Mark King.....i will be more carefull in the future.....
    I certainly do. You lot thought it would be a walk in the park for Selby. Despite King playing possibly better than anyone in the first round this year, most of you still think Ebdon will beat him. King will be fired up again and i expect another victory for the Romford Godfather
    sigpic
    Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
      I certainly do. You lot thought it would be a walk in the park for Selby. Despite King playing possibly better than anyone in the first round this year, most of you still think Ebdon will beat him. King will be fired up again and i expect another victory for the Romford Godfather
      I'm only talking about myself...i've made some comments that proved to be wrong and i will be more carefull in the future.....
      "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• I guess its a record, for the number of overseas players, when 3 chinese march on!

Comment

• One can hear a pin drop, here on the forum!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Black_cat View Post
            The Ronnette side of me is wondering which pill would be more bitter to take: narrow defeat by Liu or demolition by Williams.
            Why does it have to be either ? Ronnie just needs to click into first gear, rather than coast in neutral and he will put an end to Chuang's brave fight. He can then move up through some of his other gears to see off MJW !

I'm kind of glad that it was close this afternoon as it means there will be atleast 5 frames to watch at Sheffield tomorrow, making the huge price i paid for a ticket worthwhile.
            "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave View Post
              One can hear a pin drop, here on the forum!
              That's because we're all watching the snooker, afraid to miss a second *nods*

Watching Mags and Hamilton now, Mags is looking super, just a couple of silly misses, but early days yet.
              Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

I guess its a record, for the number of overseas players, when 3 chinese march on!

It could well be although I would guess that there must have been a time where Thorburn, Werbenuik and Stevens all went through for canada. Maybe with Charlton and Mans as well if the year is right.

Even later on it may have happened with O Kane, Wattana and err... umm...

Comment

• Originally Posted by dannyd0g View Post
                  I'm kind of glad that it was close this afternoon as it means there will be atleast 5 frames to watch at Sheffield tomorrow, making the huge price i paid for a ticket worthwhile.

ohhhh, all of you guys going to see that Ronnie match. Meaning he should win from there, just do some good cheering tomorrow! Enjoy!!!

But yeah, I wish Ronnie would be more predictable again instead of doing this switching through the gears thingy (including reverse sometimes)

and while at it: Maguire seems to have a good start 2-0, bit scrappy in last frame now (59-53)
                  and would be nice for Ken to get a bit of a fightback together 3-8 still

Comment

• i am pretty sure king will beat ebdon and i suspect and expect williams to end ronnies hopes aswell.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• You are right! The Canadian trio made it to the second round in 1980 and 81 and 1983 and 1984 and 1985!!!

Lets make it non english speaking country then.

Originally Posted by chasmmi View Post
                      It could well be although I would guess that there must have been a time where Thorburn, Werbenuik and Stevens all went through for canada. Maybe with Charlton and Mans as well if the year is right.

Even later on it may have happened with O Kane, Wattana and err... umm...

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                        i am pretty sure king will beat ebdon and i suspect and expect williams to end ronnies hopes aswell.
                        I think Ebdon has more bottle than King and that may be what it comes down to. If ROS makes it through his match against a returned to form MJW could be a classic. Impossible to call that one id say.
                        "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

• O, is it?

I booked the wrong match, Higgins - Day instead of Maguire - Robbo. Very silly.

Will look if there is a ticket left for ROS exit tomorrow afternoon. .

Is there one left Dan?

Originally Posted by Maija View Post
                          That's because we're all watching the snooker, afraid to miss a second *nods*

Watching Mags and Hamilton now, Mags is looking super, just a couple of silly misses, but early days yet.

Comment

O, is it?

I booked the wrong match, Higgins - Day instead of Maguire - Robbo. Very silly.

Will look if there is a ticket left for ROS exit tomorrow afternoon. .

Is there one left Dan?
                            watching on tv this afternoon there were a handful of empty seats - maybe some people wont be able to turn up tomorrow for whatever reason....

Comment

• ken! what a let off

Comment

• Maguire wants an early night. 4-0!!!
                                Last edited by PaulTheSoave; 23 April 2008, 07:35 PM. Reason: update score

Comment

Working...
                                X