Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol, Ebdon asked a man right after the session if something like "autograph?" and the man shook his head, Ebbo got a little red in the face there!

5-3, anyway!

Comment

• King should be square

King deserved to be square after that session. Ebdon certainly got the better run of the ball and King lost concentration after the ref had to fish out a red from under the table. King would have won that frame. I'm not worrying just yet. He lost the first session against Selby when he was the better player, but came out of the blocks quickly the next day. I expect King to slug it out tomorrow. Ebdon was looking good in those last two frames, so King will be relieved to get out when he did. Long way to go yet
      sigpic
      Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• king should be square - looks like i am going to have to double my bet
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
          King deserved to be square after that session. Ebdon certainly got the better run of the ball and King lost concentration after the ref had to fish out a red from under the table. King would have won that frame. I'm not worrying just yet. He lost the first session against Selby when he was the better player, but came out of the blocks quickly the next day. I expect King to slug it out tomorrow. Ebdon was looking good in those last two frames, so King will be relieved to get out when he did. Long way to go yet
          Extracts from the bible of the Boss:

"...Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not cherish thy neighbour's ass. Thou shalt have no other God than Mark King."

"On the first day the Lord said 'Let there be light'" and there wasn't light, as Mark King had a big game the next day and wanted an early night."

"The prodigal son however did not spend all the money unwisely, for he put it all on Mark King to win the World Championships at the Crucible. 'I got cracking odds, 66-1.' He told his father, who looked at him and said, 'You are truly the son of The Boss."

"Moses stood, his arms outstretched and waited for the waters to part, but there was nothing. Suddenly, from nowhere, appeared a bald man in a waistcoat who spoke with a strange accent. "S'alright mate, I'll sort it" he said, and with that he did chalk his cue pot the black in the corner and send the white into the water, which parted like a pack of reds."

Any more...?

Comment

• you only got 66-1 on mark king my son - you should have shopped around!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Lol well done rambon

Comment

• At the risk of jynxing it: Maguire is about to make a 147.

Edit: He didn't get position on the last red and ruined the chance....
                Last edited by João; 24 April 2008, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• C'mon Maguire............... 147, keep the heid!!!!

Bugger, tough final red................

:snooker:

Comment

• Unlucky, Mags.

SO many potential 147s this championship- that's about SIX that have got away!

Comment

• Originally Posted by fudgeflaps View Post
                      Unlucky, Mags.

SO many potential 147s this championship- that's about SIX that have got away!
                      There's a potential 147 in every frame - DISCUSS

Seriously, when is a potential 147 classed as that. 5 reds and blacks? 6? 7? 12?

Just out of interest.

Personally, I conside it a potential 147 when the frame is "won" ie when the 10th red goes down.

Comment

• what a half of a session from Higgins...one visit snooker..

Comment

• Originally Posted by rambon View Post
                          There's a potential 147 in every frame - DISCUSS

Seriously, when is a potential 147 classed as that. 5 reds and blacks? 6? 7? 12?

Just out of interest.

Personally, I conside it a potential 147 when the frame is "won" ie when the 10th red goes down.
                          I say after the centruy is made- ie on 104. About six potential maximums have been in the offing this year by reaching 104 at least.

Comment

• Sometimes the balls are situated so that you know from three or four reds that the 147 is on. I also remember when Ronnie made the 147 in Belfast, I just felt it was there from the first red.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fudgeflaps View Post
                              I say after the centruy is made- ie on 104. About six potential maximums have been in the offing this year by reaching 104 at least.
                              Originally Posted by hegeland View Post
                              Sometimes the balls are situated so that you know from three or four reds that the 147 is on. I also remember when Ronnie made the 147 in Belfast, I just felt it was there from the first red.
                              Thanks FF, interesting answer

Hege, I know that, it was more of a personal perspective I was interested in.

I remember back in the days when Jack Karnehem was commentating (who I used to love to listen to) and the commentators would never really think about it till at least 8 reds and blacks were down.

Now, because it happens far more frequently, they occasionally do call it after two or three.

Comment

• I would love it if Day won this.. Higgins looking tough though..

Comment

Working...
                                X