Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A confirmed great of the game and an expected great of he future, poor snooker, I'm switching over to the other match .
    Alex Higgins "If I knew you were comin I'd have baked a cake, baked a cake, baked a cake"

Comment

• Stephen is :snooker: very well at the moment. Ding will have to produce something soon if he is to turn this around.

Comment

• Maybe it is a little too early to write him off considering it's best of 25
        Yeah probably too early but as has been said numerous times on commentary, you can't win a match in the first session but you can lose it. IMO if Ding comes out of this 6-2 at worst he has a slight chance, 7-1 he has no chance, not against Hendry who has too much experience to throw away a lead like that.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          Not against Hendry who has too much experience to throw away a lead like that.
          Very true. He isn't risking a thing at the moment. When he's unsure about the shot he just defends and forces Ding to make a mistake in the following shot. This will be his strategy for the rest of the game and if he stays cool he's going through the next round without much trouble.

Comment

• 6-1 Hendry. 84 Break

Hardly a Ding dong battle this, is it?

Comment

• 6-1 and Hendry is playing his best snooker for years.

Comment

• Originally Posted by frankwarren View Post
                6-1 Hendry. 84 Break

Hardly a Ding dong battle this, is it?

Please, my ribs are killing me with laughter.

Comment

• Press Release:

Ding Junhui has asked to change his nickname to Pud from this moment forward. When asked why, his manager said it seemed appropriate because he is playing like a PUDding

Seriously, if (edit) Mark (edit) Davis was bad in the first round, Ding is playing worse.

He doesn't look interested in the slightest, and Hendry is doing him easily.

I can't see a third session being needed for this to be honest.

And finally, give Hendry 'some' credit. He ain't playing that badly, and he isn't letting himself be dragged down to Ding's level.

Comment

• I think the key is that while Hendry is nailing more pots than we've seen in a while, he is not attempting more difficult pots because of that. He is rather trying to keep a fairly tight game despite he must be feeling like he can pot anything at the moment.

Comment

• Ding is a poor chinese version of O'Sullivan for me. Yes he can play well but he has a worse temperament as I've seen for a young player. Whenever things don't go his way he just gives up. He'll never win anything with this attitude.

Having said that he has just made a great break and you still can't rule him out if things go his way.
                      Last edited by cueman; 25 April 2008, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Hendry 6-2 Dingbat

Comment

• The evening session will be crucial, if Ding can play his best snooker he is in with a chance. This match is by no means over yet.

Comment

• It's stating the obvious, but this match does entirely depend on whether Ding is going to play well in tonight's session or not. As one of the commentators said about Ding- he's a great potter and virtually unstoppable when in full swing, but other times he looks like a fish out of water. He does seem to have a bad attitude when he's not winning.

All credit to Hendry, he's made a few slip ups but his snooker today's been fantastic.

Comment

• Originally Posted by adamxx View Post
                              It's stating the obvious, but this match does entirely depend on whether Ding is going to play well in tonight's session or not. As one of the commentators said about Ding- he's a great potter and virtually unstoppable when in full swing, but other times he looks like a fish out of water. He does seem to have a bad attitude when he's not winning.

All credit to Hendry, he's made a few slip ups but his snooker today's been fantastic.
                              Ding and Ronnie

2 tortured genii (or should that be geniuses?) (or are both correct?)

Suspect all was not well with Ding today. Fell asleep in first frame, looked disinterested, not a happy bunny

Comment

• Anyone heard what Peter was talking to the ref about?

Comment

Working...
                                X