Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's Hendry looks very determined and obviously very inspired by his first round escape from Allen. But I do not think Ding is really playing so badly nor his attitude. He looks positive enough to play the right shots throughout and knocks in some long reds, but not being presented too many obvious easy chances. Sometimes things just do not go your way. Will look how he approaches his game in the 2nd session, reckon it is not so easy now as being 2-6 down and Hendry seems really in the right zone this time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by hegeland View Post
      Anyone heard what Peter was talking to the ref about?
      I think he was asking about what time they would get kicked off the table because the next match starts at 2.30 and they still have another frame to play in this session after this one.

Comment

6-1 and Hendry is playing his best snooker for years.
        mate hendry was playing poorly......but determined

ding on the other hand looked not with it at all......

i think both players will play better tonight and the advantage hendry has even if he wins only 1 frame tonight at 9-7 down he is stil in the match....however if he lifts his game and wins tonight seshion 5-3 or even only draws it going in to tomorows final seshion he would be a very strong favarate..............and another 6-2 seshion its over.......

Comment

• Haven't seen anything of the Hendry v Ding match this morning though i've just seen the score. Is it a question of Hendry is playing well or Ding having chances and not taking them
          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• I disagree, it wasn't poorly at all. He didn't miss the easy pots this time, like so often in recent years.

Comment

• Snooker Gods draw King back

It took a untimely kick in the final frame of the session to keep Mark King's hopes alive at in this year's 888.com World Championship. Needing all colours to open up an almost unassailable 10-5 lead, his 'Cyborg' opponent Peter Ebdon was thwarted by the Gods as he got a kick on the brown, allowing King to reduce the deficit to three frames at 9-6 before a final frame to be played at at 2.30. King must be wondering whether his opponent is made of metal underneath. Ebdon was clinical and unemotional as he returned to his familiar 'hurt the opponent with every shot' mode. King needs to win the last frame and hope his A game returns in the evening session. That divine intervention from the Gods suggest that King could be on his way back.

sigpic
              Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                Haven't seen anything of the Hendry v Ding match this morning though i've just seen the score. Is it a question of Hendry is playing well or Ding having chances and not taking them
                Ding never got going through out the session and missed a lot of easy balls, his performance was well below his usual standards. Hendry was able to rely on getting several chances in every frame and played pretty steady with breaks of 124, 70, 63, and 84:snooker:

Comment

I disagree, it wasn't poorly at all. He didn't miss the easy pots this time, like so often in recent years.
                  mate i agree its the most positive thing that he isnt missing easy pots........but that will not be good enough to push home a advantage.. his scoring has got to improve in my mind and with a 6-2 lead i expect that to happen tonight..........

Comment

• Final frame at 2.30

King and Ebdon play their final frame at 2.30. If King gets out there 9-7, i expect him to shoot down the Cyborg tonight
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
                      King and Ebdon play their final frame at 2.30. If King gets out there 9-7, i expect him to shoot down the Cyborg tonight
                      7pm tonight and not 2.30pm boss.

Comment

• Final frame at 2.30

Can't you read Marc? I said the final frame of the session at 2.30 before they resume tonight. They had to be cut off before their final frame because there was less than 50 minutes before the other matches start at 2.30. They play the final frame of the session at 2.30 and finish off tonight. The difference between 10-6 and 9-7 is huge. King must take the final frame. The Gods may have swung this match in his favour after Ebdon got that kick
                        sigpic

Comment

• i doubt they will play it at 2.30 The other matches will be playing then

Comment

Can't you read Marc? I said the final frame of the session at 2.30 before they resume tonight. They had to be cut off before their final frame because there was less than 50 minutes before the other matches start at 2.30. They play the final frame of the session at 2.30 and finish off tonight. The difference between 10-6 and 9-7 is huge. King must take the final frame. The Gods may have swung this match in his favour after Ebdon got that kick
                            this afternoon at 2.30 is Higgins v Day and Murphy v Carter there wont be a Ebdon v King final frame in the seshion mate..........

Comment

• Boss trusting Virgo

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
                              i doubt they will play it at 2.30 The other matches will be playing then
                              Virgo said 2.30. He better not be lying. If he is, he can expect a horses head to make its way in the commentary box
                              sigpic

Comment

Virgo said 2.30. He better not be lying. If he is, he can expect a horses head to make its way in the commentary box
                                If you believe everything John Virgo says, you have a serious problem.

Moved to tonight, both other matches will start at 1430, it just means there are a potential 10 frames tonight instead of 9 (although there will only be the need for 4....)

Comment

Working...
                                X