Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two frames in a row thrown away by Williams. Certainly not the way to beat O´Sullivan.
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Seriously though, Williams should be dominating this game. Ronnie has been rubbish and the stats say it all: Long pot success: 7%.

Quick fire break by Williams on the last frame of the session to make it 3-5 down now. The 2nd session can only get better.
      Last edited by João; 26 April 2008, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by João View Post
        Seriously though, Williams should be dominating this game. Ronnie has been rubbish and the stats say it all: Long pot success: 7%.
        Maybe he should, but he misses too many short range shots, so that's why he is not leading after this session. All in all, noone from them both has been playing great. Good episodes, but not great.
        ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• That's about the worst long pot stat that I've seen from anyone ever..

Comment

• Originally Posted by doorag View Post
            That's about the worst long pot stat that I've seen from anyone ever..
            Good, you haven't seen me playing then
            ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rane View Post
              Two frames in a row thrown away by Williams. Certainly not the way to beat O´Sullivan.
              no its not - he has really missed a chance he should have won this session easily.
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• yes Ronnie tonight has been like a massive industrial hoover just hoovering up the mess left behind by mark williams......

he is feeding off williams mistakes and not taking the initiative with a great pot or a great safety shot............

Comment

• I loved it! Dramatic, you could feel the tension in the air. Black ball finish, lovely doubled pink from Ronnie in the 3rd, some amazing long ones from Williams, big breaks and all.
                  Yes, Ronnie's long potting was abysmal. 9%. Williams' was 69%. But Ronnie's breakbuilding was far superior and his safety was decent whereas Williams had to resort to some very imaginative shots to continue his breaks.
                  We're in for a cracker, I think. And what pleased me the most, apart from the gorgeous 140, was the fact that Ronnie tried for snookers in the second frame. Two snookers he needed to tie and he tried for them. I can't remember the last time I've seen him do that and this is yay for the Ronnettes.
                  Ronnie's long potting can improve and so can Mark's positional play.
                  All in all, this won't be a walk in the park and Ronnie is no Mark Davis.
                  Nor does Mark resemble Chuang too much.
                  S.P.I.L.F.

Comment

• Mark could win it if the he can control the cue ball better like frame 8.

Comment

• robbo came back from well behind against ronnie last year and that match was close in the end
                      he will fight back in the second session against maguire tomorrow and will still have a good chance of winning the match
                      Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Maguire picks on taller man

Maybe Maguire should pick on someone his own size next time. McCulloch would have given him a good fight out there like he did in York. Two fiery figures colliding is like watching a boxing match
                        sigpic
                        Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• UK Venue

Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
                          Maybe Maguire should pick on someone his own size next time. McCulloch would have given him a good fight out there like he did in York. Two fiery figures colliding is like watching a boxing match
                          I think it was York anyway. The UK Championship. McCulloch played Maguire and the two skinheads fought it out for about 5 hours
                          sigpic
                          Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ekphantos View Post
                            I'd like to see a surprise winner (go Ali )
                            Totally agree with you
                            His girlfriend (if he has one - does anyone know?) can start checking her closet for the right clothes when he gets the trophy on monday. Girls know it takes a while to find something suitable
                            ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

• Originally Posted by superaussie View Post
                              robbo came back from well behind against ronnie last year and that match was close in the end
                              he will fight back in the second session against maguire tomorrow and will still have a good chance of winning the match
                              i believe you..............

i always look at the possitives looking negatively is for wimps......Robbo has to take his chances and put maguire under presure like Hendry says today he hates to be far infront .you can only lose it and mentally maguire isnt the strongest ...so 1st 2 frames if Robbo can win them and go in to the interval at no worst than 9-3 i believe Maguire will start to think .......

but the key to it has to be Robbos play .....today he was as bad as maguire was good........and maguire had it easy with the chances Robbo left him....THAT HAS TO CHANGE TOMOROW.......

Comment

• Is this the guy I saw at every WC since I started watching snooker in 2003, always sitting next to the player? Is he a member here?
                                Originally Posted by Maija View Post
                                Has anyone else spotted Shrek in the audience?! Right behind Ronnie, wearing an "I heart snooker" tee
                                I'm chuffed to bits for Ali, the evening session was short but sweet. Is this something like the first semi this season that Murf will not appear in?
                                Ans Ali saved us from having Murphy as the new No1 in the rankings
                                ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X