Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it only me that thinks Liang Wenbo has some similarities with Jimmy White?

The last spin shot on the black was wicked.

Comment

• Wenbo is leading Ronnie by 4 frames to 3.

This lad is incredible...hes attacking almost every ball. I think that if could get past this habit and play some safeties when necessary he will become a very good player.
      Among the balls he is lethal, but he is missing too many long pots.....
      Last edited by attilahun; 29 April 2008, 03:53 PM.
      "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Originally Posted by João View Post
        Is it only me that thinks Liang Wenbo has some similarities with Jimmy White?

The last spin shot on the black was wicked.
        Yes, Jimmy was like that when young...attacking ball after ball....
        "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• And to be fair also Liang has had a pretty good run of the ball also! He's done really well though to stay ahead of O Sullivan though
          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Liang really has to get over his bad habit of attacking every ball, his accuracy is fantastic but he really should learn how to paly reasonablly.
            I am a gooner!

Comment

• Ronnie is really very thirsty,LOL!
              I am a gooner!

Comment

• Liang truly believe's in his potting ability and it's served him well so far so in a way you cant blame him for continuing to play that way. On the other hand he does play to many long shots at times which costs him frames he could win if he played safe but he's young. ambitious, and very inexperienced still! Let's not forget when O Sullivan was Liang's age he was very similar to Liang
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                  Liang truly believe's in his potting ability and it's served him well so far so in a way you cant blame him for continuing to play that way. On the other hand he does play to many long shots at times which costs him frames he could win if he played safe but he's young. ambitious, and very inexperienced still! Let's not forget when O Sullivan was Liang's age he was very similar to Liang
                  Liang said his favourite player is Hendry & Ding Junhui, I feel puzzled why it's not O'sullivan from his style of playing。
                  I am a gooner!

Comment

• What's the scoreline in the Perry-Magure match?

Comment

• I cannot describe just how much i'm enjoying this tournament so far. Loving every bit of it.
                      4 all to both Ronnie and Liang.

Comment

• Originally Posted by matoski View Post
                        What's the scoreline in the Perry-Magure match?
                        4-3 to Perry
                        ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• Perry winning 4 frames to 3

Comment

• Not bad. I predicted an upset in that match. Perry plays very well in this WC.

Comment

• Originally Posted by matoski View Post
                              Not bad. I predicted an upset in that match. Perry plays very well in this WC.
                              Probably, but Maguire coming back, looks like will take 4 frames in a row now...
                              ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• Liang is a quite attacking player and he is going for nearly every shot with a lot of success as well. ROS can't afford making mistakes and to me he seems more worried than in his previous matches. Very interesting so far.
                                I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

Working...
                                X