Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There have been a few times this afternoon where Ronnie got rather frustrated with his himself! Good to see though as it show's how much he wants to play well and how serious he is taking the championship and his opponent
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by adamxx View Post
      I cannot describe just how much i'm enjoying this tournament so far. Loving every bit of it.
      4 all to both Ronnie and Liang.
      Same here

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wim View Post
        Liang is a quite attacking player and he is going for nearly every shot with a lot of success as well. ROS can't afford making mistakes and to me he seems more worried than in his previous matches. Very interesting so far.
        Ronnie was taking all quite easy, I don't see why he should worry at the moment. So far Wenbo hasn't played more than one good session in a match. And certainly his escapes from snooker should be improved, he's missed the pack several times in those last few frames I managed to watch - but then maybe he believes his potting will help him anyway.
        ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• Wenbo is like alot of youngsters, he relies on potting his way out of trouble. Which will work in the lower stages, but not when it gets closer to the win.
          You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

• Frames 1 and 2: unplayable Wenbo, non-scoring Ronnie. (I would probably have created misunderstandings if I had written "pointless Ronnie".)
            Frames 3-5: Ronnie settling down, resorting to some decent if not really good safeties and getting a few long ones.
            Frame 6-7: missed red along the cushion by Ronnie when in the balls, momentum change, frustration, a more exact Wenbo and 4-3.
            Frame 8: just nerves from Liang prevented a 5-3 scoreline.

I don't know about tomorrow morning but I strongly favour Liang. He has already played two morning sessions and won them both convincingly; on the other hand, we all know how counter-productive Ronnie is during morning sessions.
            S.P.I.L.F.

Comment

• Originally Posted by April madness View Post
              Ronnie was taking all quite easy, I don't see why he should worry at the moment. So far Wenbo hasn't played more than one good session in a match. And certainly his escapes from snooker should be improved, he's missed the pack several times in those last few frames I managed to watch - but then maybe he believes his potting will help him anyway.
              No need to worry indeed. Worry is probably not the right word - but as spike mentioned he is taking this WC and Liang very seriously and wants to do well.
              Different style and approach compared to his China match.
              I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

• I like Liang... He is a very good potter, but a little reckless sometimes
                I think he cannot win from O'Sullivan but he's doing a good try

Comment

• The momentum has completely left Perry, and he's missing quite a lot now. Maguire is still not able to boss the table completely, the frames are rather long-winded (or 'for connaisseurs' as they say).

Sesh result: Maguire v Perry 4-4
                  Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

• Wenbo is the sort of player who could beat Ronnie, but then struggle against players like Hendry, Carter and Ebdon.

But I still think Ronnie will beat him.
                    You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

• Originally Posted by carlijn View Post
                      I like Liang... He is a very good potter, but a little reckless sometimes
                      Yes, I agree. Liang is a good potter and is taking in the pressure quite well. However, he does seem to be quite reckless with his shot selection sometimes. If he goes for those shots, he better make sure he sinks them because Ronnie will punish him dearly if he misses.
                      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maija View Post
                        The momentum has completely left Perry, and he's missing quite a lot now. Maguire is still not able to boss the table completely, the frames are rather long-winded (or 'for connaisseurs' as they say).
                        Yeah it must like those connaisseurs enjoying football between 2 Italian teams who don't want to lose Ok, Lets go on topic again.
                        I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

• In my opinion he is ALL THE TIMES reckless!

Originally Posted by carlijn View Post
                          I like Liang... He is a very good potter, but a little reckless sometimes

Comment

• Originally Posted by poolqjunkie View Post
                            Yes, I agree. Liang is a good potter and is taking in the pressure quite well. However, he does seem to be quite reckless with his shot selection sometimes. If he goes for those shots, he better make sure he sinks them because Ronnie will punish him dearly if he misses.
                            to be honest the kid is having fun he is the first mainland china player to reach the quarter finals at the crucible and the first to win 2 matches at the crucible and he is playing a chinese snooker god in Ronnie O'Sullivan it doesent get better than that..................he will learn what to go for and what not to go for ...i say for now let him try and pot a ball in to the pockets of some people in the front row if he wants 2 lol

Comment

• Great matches so far and apart of Hendry's match all are squared! Great battle so far!
                              2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                              2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

• Carter gets the first frame om the evening, 5-4. Come on Ali!

edit:the 1470th post in the 147th page of the thread :O

Comment

Working...
                                X