This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by ASP View Post
    Will Ronnie vs Wenbo be on at 10am on eurospoort?
    I believe they will show Ronnie and Wenbo on eurosport and the Carter v Ebdon match during interval/and if the table 1 session ends earlier.

Order of play:

10am
    Table 1
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo
    Ref: Colin Humphries

Table 2
    Ali Carter v Peter Ebdon*
    Ref: Terry Camilleri

2.30pm
    Table 1
    Stephen Hendry v Ryan Day*
    Ref: Brendan Moore

Table 2
    Stephen Maguire v Joe Perry
    Ref: Jan Verhaas

7pm
    Table 1
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo*
    Ref: Colin Humphries

Table 2
    Stephen Maguire v Joe Perry*
    Ref: Jan Verhaas

* to a finish
    ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• Hopefully Ebdon has been able to put aside his emotions about the maximum attempt in last session. Carter showed him how the job is done, that must have been some kind a mental blow, but a true Cyborg can handle those easily.

Comment

• ROS is doing his best for another 147, I see... But that was not to be.

Currently 6-4 to Ronnie.

On the other table Ebdon is working hard on catching up with Carter. They are currently on 8-9. A bit of work to do here, but Carter's (back) on the table, and the frame score is 14 - 44 (5*)
        Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

• he tried to go for a max yesterday too... seems he wants that record of making 2 in the same tournament. that would be special
          ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• Originally Posted by April madness View Post
            he tried to go for a max yesterday too... seems he wants that record of making 2 in the same tournament. that would be special
            it would also be special if he made 2 in the same tournament but lost the match he made the 2nd one in....happened before has it?

Comment

• Ronnie takes a 7-4 lead in his match and looks like sriding away

Carter has just taken a 10-8 lead, but the match is still finely balanced. scrappy so far this morning

Comment

• Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer View Post
                it would also be special if he made 2 in the same tournament but lost the match he made the 2nd one in....happened before has it?
                yeah, I guess he has lost a match after making a 147. it can happen. sometimes I think aiming for 147 gives him a bit more motivation to play rather than winning a frame. and he has trouble with motivation, as he said in the interview (somebody gave a link to eurosport's site where he was quoted).

edit: on a second thought - how about Carter making a second 147 in the same match?
                Last edited by April madness; 30 April 2008, 10:03 AM.
                ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• 8-10 to Carter now after a bit of a snookering battle.

I'd like to see a couple of frames where Ali plays his natural game instead of letting Ebdon set the pace of the match.

7-4 to Ronnie too.
                  Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

• Are you implying Day isn't trying his best on purpose?
                    Absolutely not. I'm saying Day got very lucky against Higgins, and it was very likely that he will not get away with playing like that against Hendry.

Comment

• I think we should calm down on the 147 front...

2 in a tournament is already a record.

I did say after three days this would be the most memorable tournament in recent years. Looks like I'm not wrong!

Comment

• I'm a bit sick of the Hendry bashing that's going off.

He wiped the floor with Day this morning, and did what he had to do tonight. You can only beat what is in front of you, let's be real.
                        I'm just calling it the way I'm seeing it. The evening session was pretty poor. It's nice if you enjoyed it, but the Ebdon-Carter match was way better, and not just because of the 147. Once again we're talking about opinions, so no need to argue really..

Comment

• Day was not lucky against Higgins. Higgins played bad and Day capitalized on it, nothing had to do with luck. If he got a dozen flukes that would have been luck. And he played the last session after the interval very well.

Originally Posted by rivercard View Post
                          Absolutely not. I'm saying Day got very lucky against Higgins, and it was very likely that he will not get away with playing like that against Hendry.

Comment

• Day was not lucky against Higgins. Higgins played bad and Day capitalized on it, nothing had to do with luck. If he got a dozen flukes that would have been luck. And he played the last session after the interval very well.
                            I know you're rooting for Day so it's unnecessary to get into this, but oh well.. Higgins didn't play well at all, but the table conditions really let him down. I for one have never seen John so frustrated before. Day played a very attacking game, and he got away with many missed pots. He didn't fluke reds, but he did fluke safeties.

Comment

• If Ronnie plays like this for the rest of the tournament, no-one's going to stop him.

A joy to watch. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by frankwarren View Post
                                If Ronnie plays like this for the rest of the tournament, no-one's going to stop him.

A joy to watch. :snooker:
                                I doubt anyone will play like Wenbo though. He's leaving the game open all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X