X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie is flying now :snooker:
    My Flickr

Comment

• It got nothing to do with rooting for anyone. I am quite objective if it comes to judge a match. I am not biased to any players in that way. table conditions were the same for both players and I was surprised Higgins, a player of his stature complaining about it. In the first session he played very well, going 4-0 up and looking at his best, so were the conditions different then? Was the same table. Anyway its history now.

Originally Posted by rivercard View Post
      I know you're rooting for Day so it's unnecessary to get into this, but oh well.. Higgins didn't play well at all, but the table conditions really let him down. I for one have never seen John so frustrated before. Day played a very attacking game, and he got away with many missed pots. He didn't fluke reds, but he did fluke safeties.

Comment

• ROS is playing well and leads 9-4. cant see him losing from there, especially as, as João said, Wendy keeps leaving him chances.

on the other table its 11-8 to Carter who also has the upper hand in frame 20, leading 35-0 and still at the table

Comment

• Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave View Post
          It got nothing to do with rooting for anyone. I am quite objective if it comes to judge a match. I am not biased to any players in that way. table conditions were the same for both players and I was surprised Higgins, a player of his stature complaining about it. In the first session he played very well, going 4-0 up and looking at his best, so were the conditions different then? Was the same table. Anyway its history now.
          the table is the same for both players, but on occasion a player will get more than their fair share of bad bounces and kicks etc, thus complaining more as its had a direct negative influence on their play than their opponent. that said they dont complain much when the shoe is on the other foot, so i wouldnt say its sour grapes or anything, but would say its just being emotional after defeat about something not being what they could be (cushion boings)

Comment

• It got nothing to do with rooting for anyone. I am quite objective if it comes to judge a match. I am not biased to any players in that way. table conditions were the same for both players and I was surprised Higgins, a player of his stature complaining about it. In the first session he played very well, going 4-0 up and looking at his best, so were the conditions different then? Was the same table. Anyway its history now.
            Being objective can be quite hard at times.. I'm not saying being biased is a bad thing, it's quite normal.

Conditions can change from session to session, and so can they change from fram to frame. The lights are certainly making it more hot as the match goes on (to a degree, of course). To be fair to Higgins he did complain about the tables last year too, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

But yes, it's history now, Ryan did well to beat Higgins, but Hendry is too much for him.

Comment

• the table is the same for both players, but on occasion a player will get more than their fair share of bad bounces and kicks etc, thus complaining more as its had a direct negative influence on their play than their opponent.
              Yes, Dominic Dale said basically the same about Higgins' complaint. It is a question of luck.

Comment

• O Sullivan is looking all over the worthy favourite he was before the tournament started! It's only his long potting that is a little off, but apart from that every other department in his game looks to be spot on to give him a serious chance of being World Champion for a third time.
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Wenbo goes for too much when he is under pressure, and O´Sullivan is better to capitalize than Joe Swail.
                  ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                  "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Ebdon is missing all the crusial shots.He is making it too easy for Carter now. Carter certainly does not need any help. Sometimes it seems that Peter is taking on shots that he should not take in his current form ( on the days form that is ), maby he is trying to get some confidense that way. Painfull to watch.

Comment

• Wenbo's gonna be 5-10 down now. It will be interesting to see if he is able to perform some sort of come back.

In his 2 previous encounters he was always on the lead, wonder what he can do when behind.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rivercard View Post
                        But yes, it's history now, Ryan did well to beat Higgins, but Hendry is too much for him.
                        Ryan hasn't been consistent at all in this tournament. He has been playing very well in patches, but he has also been absolutely pants. He's just not on form. I agree that he was lucky to get past Higgins, but John let the table conditions get to him and Ryan didn't, which is to Ryan's credit.

I tipped Ryan to get to the semi final before the start of the championship, but it sure doesn't look like he will. He has improved over the last season, though, so best of luck to him for the next season

Liang Wenbo just takes his first frame of the day;

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Liang Wenbo 10-5.
                        Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                          O Sullivan is looking all over the worthy favourite he was before the tournament started! It's only his long potting that is a little off, but apart from that every other department in his game looks to be spot on to give him a serious chance of being World Champion for a third time.
                          Yes, and especially as it looks as if Ebdon is on his way out.
                          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Dont think Wenbo is going to fare well being so far behind! Though O Sullivan is missing the odd shot so who knows
                            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Ryan hasn't been consistent at all in this tournament. He has been playing very well in patches, but he has also been absolutely pants. He's just not on form. I agree that he was lucky to get past Higgins, but John let the table conditions get to him and Ryan didn't, which is to Ryan's credit.
                              Yes, I can agree with that.

The way Wenbo plays against Ronnie is entertaining, but not very effective at the moment. I guess nobody really expected him to beat O'Sullivan anyway, so why not give it a go.

Comment

• ROS cruises to an 11-5 lead

Carter leads 12-8 and 38-0 in frame 21

Comment

Working...
                                X