Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any doubts if Perry would be a match for either Hendry or O'Sullivan are crazy. He just beat the best player of the season and tournament 13-12!

This tournament does remind me a lot of 2004 so it would be nice if Perry did a Dott and reached the final.
    TSF World Champion 2010
    TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
    BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

• Well done Joe!

The best result I would foresee is:-

Gold - Carter
      Silver - Hendry
      Bronze - Ronnie
      4th place - Perry

Comment

• Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
        There IS always the possibility of Perry ending up being the next Joe Johnson...I wasn't around then obviously (I was only one year old that year! ) so I do wonder if anyone who saw that final can tell me if it was a matter of Davis being slightly out of form, or Joe playing lights-out clinical snooker. I don't think it was the latter as Davis scored more points.
        Joe played well in the final. Steve could have played better.

Remember it wasn't a pure fluke, he didn't do badly the year after either...

There is a whole thread in this:

Who is the worst Crucible World champion...?

Comment

• No chance, he'd be lucky not to get whitewashed in the final. Might be the record 18-3 could go. If Carter stays on form, Perry will stumble there. But form of the day, he could go through

Comment

• Probably the first time ever there has been at least one qualifier in the semis four years in a row now.
            TSF World Champion 2010

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
              Any doubts if Perry would be a match for either Hendry or O'Sullivan are crazy. He just beat the best player of the season and tournament 13-12!
              But Maguire missing almost everything at the end - the Maguire you describe would have won the match
              I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

• Head to Heads

16-10 O'Sullivan vs Hendry
                2-0 Perry vs Carter

Ali Carter has never reached a final and Joe Perry's previous final was a 9-2 loss to Stephen Hendry. Perry beat Carter 5-3 at this seasons Grand Prix with Hendry beating O'Sullivan 4-2 in the Premier League but then lost the semi 5-1. Their last ranking match Hendry won 9-1.
                Last edited by Alex0paul; 30 April 2008, 10:57 PM.
                TSF World Champion 2010

Comment

• Joe 'Luigi' Perry

Originally Posted by rambon View Post
                  He's played some awful shots in frames 24 and 25 has Maguire

Looks like Perry to me too

Glad I had a hedging bet of an Englishman to win it if Maguire didn't!
                  But Perry is Sicilian. So is Ronnie for that matter. An all Sicilian final?
                  sigpic
                  Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
                    But Perry is Sicilian. So is Ronnie for that matter. An all Sicilian final?
                    Don't tell Ladbrokes, there's a pint in it for you...

Comment

• Boss sent email

Did they read any emails in the studio today? I didn't watch for the whole day. I sent a question in yesterday but had no reply
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
                        Did they read any emails in the studio today? I didn't watch for the whole day. I sent a question in yesterday but had no reply
                        Was it a question about Mark King?

I watch online in France on eurosport, so no idea i'm afraid

Comment

• Originally Posted by rambon View Post
                          Was it a question about Mark King?

I watch online in France on eurosport, so no idea i'm afraid
                          No, i wrote in suggesting a nickname for Liang and wanted to know what Steve and John thought. They were trying to think of one yesterday but didn't come up with anything. The MC introduced him as 'Should he stay or should he go,' which is a poor effort IMO. My suggestion is a good one and not unconventional
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally Posted by Wim View Post
                            But Maguire missing almost everything at the end - the Maguire you describe would have won the match
                            Yeah maguire is the type of player that once he starts missing he doesnt stop. He should have easily beaten perry the way he's been playing but when he started slipping towards the end of robertson match i had a feeling this might happen.

Well chuffed for Joe anyway!! Think it might be close between him and carter.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ronnieisthebest View Post
                              Yeah maguire is the type of player that once he starts missing he doesnt stop. He should have easily beaten perry the way he's been playing but when he started slipping towards the end of robertson match i had a feeling this might happen.

Well chuffed for Joe anyway!! Think it might be close between him and carter.

As you say Maguire would have beat Joe if hed played the form of his earlier rounds.

Maguire said he expected to beat Joe easily. Joe played well. So did Steven, but not as well as his earlier round. Good standard of match. wish Joe all the best in the semi

Comment

• Ah the semis. 2 games played over three days.

The 27th meeting of two greats. There have been close ones, routs on either side, the first session is crucial for me. If Ronnie takes it, then Stephen has a mountain to climb. If the reverse happens, a classic encounter could ensue.

Carter is the form man at the moment and were it Ronnie playing like he is, we'd be saying he's going to be difficult to beat.

Perry did well, but can't repeat the error of the Maguire game by getting in with 50s and not killing the frame time and time again.

Comment

Working...
                                X