X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOOOOOO go ronnie
    What a maverick.

Comment

• I also think the damage was done during the first few frames this morning. It was a bit scrappy and both players had chances, but Ronnie won them all. That gave him the boost to step up a gear.

At the moment it's the break building that has failed for Stephen. He's nailed a few good long opening reds but failed to make a substantial break due to running out of position and missing simple pots.

Comment

• The way it's going ROS could end up having a day off tomorrow which is a big advantage. especially as the the other semi-final is likely to go a lot closer and the winner from that match is likely to feel more mentally drained!
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Ronnies back at the table in the 16th frame with the reds opened nicely.

Comment

• yes, this happened last year when Selby had a battle with Murphy late night and was 12-4 down before opening his eyes against Higgins! Its certainly a disadvantage for the winner of the last semi session.

Originally Posted by spike View Post
            The way it's going ROS could end up having a day off tomorrow which is a big advantage. especially as the the other semi-final is likely to go a lot closer and the winner from that match is likely to feel more mentally drained!

Comment

• That was some session from Ronnie. Hendry should be happy they only played 8 frames.

Comment

• Hendry lost 11 frames in a row...that is almost equaling Wattana who lost 12 frames in a row in 1993 semi-final, and Hann with 13 in 2002
                "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Well, 2 6-2 sessions and we could have a frame decider 2morrow.

This must have been the fastest 8 frame session of the tournament. Normally they finished around 1 pm GMT

Comment

• Originally Posted by attilahun View Post
                    Hendry lost 11 frames in a row...that is almost equaling Wattana who lost 12 frames in a row in 1993 semi-final, and Hann with 13 in 2002
                    wow! Some snooker by Ronnie! Who would have expected that after yesterday's session or rather being 1-4 behind initially.
                    Last edited by snookersfun; 2 May 2008, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Ronnie was lucky to have 2 of the easiest games he could get (Chang and Wembo) so he had lots of time to practice before meeting hendry in the semis..
                      95% potting success...that fantastic..great to watch..but since i've never ever been a ronnie's fan......Come:snooker: on Stephen,Ali,Perry or whoever can beat him.

Comment

• To be honest there is not much you can do when a guy has 95% potting success.

Comment

• At this moment ROS looks unstoppable! He is full of confidence, hitting the ball as well as he ever has and looks like he has plenty in reserve if needed! It's going to take a brave person to say ROS will be beat by either Hendry, Carter or Perry now
                          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Ronnie + long pot success = unstoppable

Comment

• I do agree that Ronnie has played very well, but Stephen had his chances and should have won the first two frames today - at least. After this, Ronnie was buzzing and as Stephen said himself in his interview, Ronnie is the best front runner in the game, and you can't afford to let him get too far ahead. If Stephen had got those first two frames, IMO, Ronnie wouldn't have had the same buzz and confidence boost and Stephen would also have felt much better, so we'd have a completely different match.

First thing for Stephen is to get some respectability back - I think he needs to win the session at least 6-2, but I'm afraid I can't see it.

Comment

• And now Hendry will win tonight's session 8-0...is a thought that just crossed my mind.Honest, I'm not trying to wind anyone up. Anything can happen.
                                S.P.I.L.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X