This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by João View Post
    Well if you think you can just walk away from matches and insult people at press conferences and get away with no consequences is fine, sure.

As the great Alex Higgins said: "Snooker is the most corrupt sport in the world.. you can shove it up your jacksie 'cause I'm not playing no more."
    i would rather just enjoy the snooker. who cares what he says at the press conference? he certainly harmed no one but himself

Comment

• This thread is called World Championship MATCH discussion, not "let's talk once more about O'Sullivan's inappropiate behaviour in China".
      As far as I have seen, he hasn't done anything to annoy anybody in his match against Hendry so far...

Anyway, Carter-Perry are starting just now.
      Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

• ROS has conducted himself well on and off the table during this tournament! He's let his cue do all the talking!
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• That was unlucky, a double foul...

Comment

OK, in first place Ronnie shouldn't even be participating in this years World Champs, or has anyone forgot his behaviour in China?
            ok, in China they don't have it, but over here in Europe we have something called freedom of speech. He can say whatever he wants. Banning him for his language is just rediculous. And saying that things like that are bad for the sport is just wrong, it is good for the sport. If every player would be like Hendry, nobody would watch it anymore. It is popular thanks to players like Higgins, White and ROS.

Comment

• Carter got the better start there, not the highest quality match though. Anyway, hope he goes through

Comment

• Perry is finding a bit of a struggle at the moment but he's only a frame behind so it's not too bad i suppose
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Well if you think you can just walk away from matches and insult people at press conferences and get away with no consequences is fine, sure.

As the great Alex Higgins said: "Snooker is the most corrupt sport in the world.. you can shove it up your jacksie 'cause I'm not playing no more."
                  He was fined and they took ranking points from him, what more do you want? Ban one of the biggest attractions from the sport? And he's also on trial for the outrageous stunts he pulled in China. I am in no way defending him for what he did over there, I'm as disgusted as you on that.

I think the anti-ronnie crowd here at TSF are acting far worse than the pro-ronnie crowd usuallly do, that's just my two cents

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                    ROS has conducted himself well on and off the table during this tournament! He's let his cue do all the talking!
                    That's the best thing I've read about this whole ordeal. WORD.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vozzie View Post
                      ok, in China they don't have it, but over here in Europe we have something called freedom of speech. He can say whatever he wants. Banning him for his language is just rediculous. And saying that things like that are bad for the sport is just wrong, it is good for the sport. If every player would be like Hendry, nobody would watch it anymore. It is popular thanks to players like Higgins, White and ROS.
                      Spoken like a true prodigy.

Comment

• What's happening with Perry and Carter at the moment?

Comment

• ali leads 7-5 and is leading in frame 13

35-1 (still at the table)

Comment

• Originally Posted by Plank o' Wood View Post
                            What's happening with Perry and Carter at the moment?
                            Ali Carter leads 8-5.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
                              This match has simply ruined the tournament. The Perry v Carter match for me will be the final as whoever wins isn't likely to win. Its 2004 all over again.
                              Yes they are not likely to win because they are not good enough.

I dont think the tournament is ruined atall. If anyone has taken a little bit of the shine off it, it is Perry by beating Maguire.

Only Maguire could have given Ronnie decent opposition in the final.
                              "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

• You are so right Danny

Comment

Working...
                                X