Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only way he can be stopped if Walker makes announcement before start of play .

Btw I have a spare ticket up for grabs for the fictional final session on monday.

Comment

• I think Carter could give Ronnie a run for his money if he plays like he's been doing so far

Comment

• Before the semi you mean, as his semi final form will bring him nowhere! On that base its gonna be 18-9!

Comment

• both finalists would've made 147s going into the final if Carter does go through

Comment

• If ROS plays like he did in the final then no neither Perry or Carter are going to stand much chance of toppling him! I do think both Carter and Perry have the game to beat ROS i'm just not sure if they can do it when it counts in the World Final.
            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• I think Carter might have a slim chance, but Perry gets stuck all the time in the 40/50's and its not enough on this level.

Originally Posted by spike View Post
              If ROS plays like he did in the final then no neither Perry or Carter are going to stand much chance of toppling him! I do think both Carter and Perry have the game to beat ROS i'm just not sure if they can do it when it counts in the World Final.

Comment

• Perry has a better chance than Carter. O'Sullivan has had it easy so far with opponents who like to play attacking snooker (Chuang, Williams, Wenbo, Hendry) whereas Perry can keep things tight and may frustrate him. Bar the first round, Wenbo v Swail, Perry v Maguire and the 147s it has been a mediocre World Championships. Too many one sided matches in the later stages ruins the championships for me.

Also the last over 31 champion was a Joe, can Joe be the next one?
                TSF World Champion 2010
                TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

• Yes PTS perry is not the heaviest of break builders but none the less he has a very solid game and that is proved by the fact that he's reached the semi-finals and still in touch with Carter!
                  "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• No, Johnson has retired and is booked for the bingo hall to have a sing song over the weekend!

What are the odds for Joe, I might put a century.

Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
                    Perry has a better chance than Carter. O'Sullivan has had it easy so far with opponents who like to play attacking snooker (Chuang, Williams, Wenbo, Hendry) whereas Perry can keep things tight and may frustrate him. Bar the first round, Wenbo v Swail, Perry v Maguire and the 147s it has been a mediocre World Championships. Too many one sided matches in the later stages ruins the championships for me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave View Post
                      No, Johnson has retired and is booked for the bingo hall to have a sing song over the weekend!
                      Its probably one of those Signal Fire threads that got me believeing all these past players were going to comeback and rule the world (in snooker terms)
                      TSF World Champion 2010

Comment

• Murphy got packing early so you cant complain!

Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
                        Its probably one of those Signal Fire threads that got me believeing all these past players were going to comeback and rule the world (in snooker terms)

Comment

No, Johnson has retired and is booked for the bingo hall to have a sing song over the weekend!
                          Apparently he's also doing commentary for Eurosport, at least according to the Yahoo Eurosport live scoring pages.
                          "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
                            Perry has a better chance than Carter. O'Sullivan has had it easy so far with opponents who like to play attacking snooker (Chuang, Williams, Wenbo, Hendry) whereas Perry can keep things tight and may frustrate him. Bar the first round, Wenbo v Swail, Perry v Maguire and the 147s it has been a mediocre World Championships. Too many one sided matches in the later stages ruins the championships for me.

It really doesn't matter what they play , attacking or defensing; the final depends of Osulivan
                            I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

Murphy got packing early so you cant complain!
                              Looks like Murphy's law will continue if Ali reaches the final though.
                              TSF World Champion 2010

Comment

• Aight, since no one seems to be up for ripping&uploading the post match interviews would anyone please give us who are not fortunate enough to see bbc a brief what was said?

Comment

Working...
                                X