Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes but let's not forget Perry did very well to beat Maguire!
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Well, its obvious they are not in the semi because of beating me!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by toupihiggins View Post
        ali deserves a place in the final..after beating Shaun and Ebdon..he had the hardest draw and he played really well until the semis..tough he has little chance againts ronnie i hope i'll see him in the final..

....after all,his one of my favorites
        i watched Alis 1st round match. i dont hate Ali at all. both are good players. Ali was poop in his 1st round match. conveniently forgoten in this post?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer View Post
          i watched Alis 1st round match. i dont hate Ali at all. both are good players. Ali was poop in his 1st round match. conveniently forgoten in this post?
          It wasn't Ali's fault. Barry Hawkins brings the worst out of his opponents.

Comment

• Very little chances, he never beat Ronnie before (maybe while practicing, don´t know) and I think he´ll be too nervous in his first final, though I´d be very happy if I am proven wrong in the end

Originally Posted by toupihiggins View Post
            ali deserves a place in the final..after beating Shaun and Ebdon..he had the hardest draw and he played really well until the semis..tough he has little chance againts ronnie i hope i'll see him in the final..

....after all,his one of my favorites
            ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

• Perry looks to me more mentally prepared for the final. i'm afraid Ali will faint in the middle of crucible under pressure in the final. This morning he looked like some scared little boy.

Comment

• Originally Posted by matoski View Post
                It wasn't Ali's fault. Barry Hawkins brings the worst out of his opponents.
                i disagree. both of them were crap.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer View Post
                  ditto

both have had a great tournament and its hard to pick one. favouring Joe to win by 2, but Carter is easy capable or unning away if he comes out the blocks firing. should be a great session
                  i agree... even tho the scores are level i think joe has been the better player and played more solid and even tho i predicted ali to win the match i can now see joe and i make him favorite getting to the final tommorow!

Comment

• Certainly Carter to me looks physically exhausted and therefore making a lot of mistakes and perhaps therefore Joe could level today.
                    I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

• the worst result ever was 18-3 (steve Davis - John Parrott), right? Hope it won´t be that bad (whoever will play Ronnie)
                      ALI FOR WORLD CHAMP 2012

Comment

• Anyone out there wanting to see tonight's match go to a decider? Would be a good way of finishing a saturday night!

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                          Anyone out there wanting to see tonight's match go to a decider? Would be a good way of finishing a saturday night!
                          of course.

however much it takes out the players a deciding frame can usually be very exciting. :snooker:

Comment

• For there to be a match in the final, Joe Perry simply has to win tonight. O'Sullivan has lost to players in the same ilk as Perry (Fu twice, O'Brien) his season. Perry does remind me a lot of Fu as he is very calm around the table an does have a great temperment.
                            TSF World Champion 2010
                            TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                            BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

• Don't forget that Ronnie has two days to spoil his mood till the final.

Comment

• Yes that's what also impresses me with Perry! There are times when looks down and out and then he shows his true battling qualities. Very tenacious player but to his credit there have been times when Carter has shown the same

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Working...
                                X