This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by matoski View Post
    Perry looks to me more mentally prepared for the final. i'm afraid Ali will faint in the middle of crucible under pressure in the final. This morning he looked like some scared little boy.
    i know Joe have greater chances then Ali in the final..nad ali's record vs ronnie is 0-8 or 0-9....but i would really want to see Ali in the final....he had a great tournament so far (in the first round a decider..then 2 world champions and a wonderful 147)...
    on the other hand..Joe had a "depressed" witch was quite an easy prey for him ,then bingham and lastly Maguire(great player caught in a really bad day)....i don't say his opponents weren't good but you cand compare dott or bingham with ebdon or murphy.....

ronnie will win,unless he has 2 "i don't care if i win or lose" day(witch are quite often at him)....so there still are chances for a new World Champion

Comment

• Originally Posted by toupihiggins View Post
      ronnie will win,unless he has 2 "i don't care if i win or lose" day(witch are quite often at him)....so there still are chances for a new World Champion
      Hopefully even Ronnie wont have a "couldnt care less" attitude when in the w/c final.
      "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

• Originally Posted by toupihiggins View Post
        i don't say his opponents weren't good but you cand compare dott or bingham with ebdon or murphy.....
        id say you can compare

Hawkins Murphy Ebdon

with

Dott Bingham Maguire

Maguire and Murphy cancel out
        Ebdon and Dott cancel out
        Hawkins and Bingham cancel out

ok this is my opinion and yours may differ, but when you add in all the opponents id say they can compare, quite easily.

(ok some may be on form or have off days, but that cant always be predicted)

Comment

• Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer View Post
          id say you can compare

Hawkins Murphy Ebdon

with

Dott Bingham Maguire

Maguire and Murphy cancel out
          Ebdon and Dott cancel out
          Hawkins and Bingham cancel out

ok this is my opinion and yours may differ, but when you add in all the opponents id say they can compare, quite easily.

(ok some may be on form or have off days, but that cant always be predicted)

agree with 1st and 3rd but Ebdon Dott don't cancel out...dott is way below ebdon

Ebdon has 7 ranking and 3 non-rankings ,Dott only 2 rankings
          Ebdon >250 centuries Dott <80
          and Dott didn't get a victory in the last 10-11 games..

but maybe this could be discussed in another thread.....
          to get back to the World Championship...easy draw/hard draw doesn't matter...may the best win tonight

i'm going now prepare my seat ,food ,drink for the last semifinal of this season.

Enjoy guys!!

Comment

• i did say it was but my opinion, and i knew yours was different. the joy of debating opinions. i stand by mine, you stand by yours. i feel Ebdon and Dott in the last 7 years have been similar. i wasnt saying they compared statistically to be very evenly matched

roll on tonights match

Comment

• I think Carter will prove a more difficult opponent than Perry. Carter has a new determination about him and you can see that in his concentration at the table, he is scoring better than he ever has and seems to be competing well in the safety department too. Griffiths has done a good job with him, he turned around Fu's career to help him win the Grand Prix, perhaps he can do the same for Ali to win the World Championship.

I hope he wins it because he's got a fantastic attitude and wonderful cue action, I've always rated him and the only surprise for me is he is yet to win a title.

Comment

• Well cueman i think Terry's done a good job on both Ali and Joe Perry! Ali is a good player to watch when he's on song i just dont know if he's got what it takes in a situation as being in a world semi-final. He can be proud though how he came back against Perry earlier though.
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• About Ronnie's "couldn't care less" attitude, his post-semi statements contradict it to the fullest. He said he would not take anything for granted and it would be, quite frankly, absurd for him to do so in the World final. A serious and focused Ronnie could be a problem for either of them.
                  S.P.I.L.F.

Comment

• Joseph Perrotta

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                    Well cueman i think Terry's done a good job on both Ali and Joe Perry! Ali is a good player to watch when he's on song i just dont know if he's got what it takes in a situation as being in a world semi-final. He can be proud though how he came back against Perry earlier though.
                    Perry is mentally stronger and will provide a bigger test for Ronnie. Carter has never beaten his old practice partner. The Sicilian hitman Perry has a look about him which suggests he will not be beaten up out there
                    sigpic
                    Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Very much so black_cat

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Perry takes the first frame of the session after breaks of 57 and 38, surrounding one miss on a red on the top cushion.
                        "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

• 13 frames a piece

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Going to the wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee!

Comment

• You're so right!!

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Carter the better player - no decider needed I think.
                                I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

Working...
                                X