This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by hegeland View Post
    This could very well end up being one the biggest winning margins since Parrott in 91, should Ronnie step up a gear.

But on that occasion, Parrott played snooker on par with an in-the-zone O'Sullivan,
    This is a ****take right?

Comment

• Seems I mixed Parrotts performance in the 91 final with the scoreline of the 89 final to come up with someting that makes no sense.

Comment

• ronnie looked like a little kid that had just discovered the safety shot today and he seemed to enjoy it..lots of good safety shots from ronnie today,and also good long potting.
        Ali had his chances and missed some good opportunities
        6-2 seems to be relevant for the first session

Comment

• I am afraid Ali is looking shattered. Missed his chane this afternoon.

After 2 Sessions
          2004 9-7
          2005 10-6
          2006 11-5
          2007 12-4
          2008 13-3??
          TSF World Champion 2010
          TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
          BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

• Originally Posted by toupihiggins View Post
            ronnie looked like a little kid that had just discovered the safety shot today and he seemed to enjoy it..
            Given the way he's performed so far in the tournament (particularly against Hendry), I am curious who instilled such safety skills into Ronnie as it's really taken him to the next level. Whether it lasts for more than this year's run at the Crucible, of course, is dependent on the Rocket himself.
            "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

• O'Sullivan takes the first frame of the second session to go up 7-2, with a break of 78 that looked like a maximum attempt early on.

After a relatively poor safety by Ronnie, Ali gets back to the table and pockets a red to begin a break. He attempts the yellow with a bit too much pace and that missed shot ends it at 12.

Ronnie levels it at 12 and takes the lead with another red. After reaching 18 points, he plays a good safety into the baulk. Carter escapes and the Rocket responds with another safe shot.

One more Ronnie safety and Carter finds one long red to pot to begin a new break.
              Last edited by TheStranger; 4 May 2008, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• What's the prize money for winning?

Comment

• £250k for winner
                  "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
                    I am afraid Ali is looking shattered. Missed his chane this afternoon.

After 2 Sessions
                    2004 9-7
                    2005 10-6
                    2006 11-5
                    2007 12-4
                    2008 13-3??
                    Hey Alex0paul are you Statman2 in disguise ?
                    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
                      Given the way he's performed so far in the tournament (particularly against Hendry), I am curious who instilled such safety skills into Ronnie as it's really taken him to the next level. Whether it lasts for more than this year's run at the Crucible, of course, is dependent on the Rocket himself.
                      Well working with Ray Reardon for a few seasons certainly would have helped his game. I also think that after losing to Selby in what was a predominantly tactical game Ronnie knew he needed to sharpen up his safety as he would have expected to play someone like that at some stage in the tournament.

As for the match, its over already really. Ali can only hope to make the score respectable but that might mean only get 5 or 6 frames on the scoreboard. He looks nervous and under pressure, personally I think tommorow can't come quick enough for him. He'll be lucky to win a couple of frames tonight after the start he's made so far.

Comment

• Great red by Ali though

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
                          He has been amongst the best safetyplayers for several years, quite funny he often moans when he is up against someone who matches him in that department.
                          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                            Great red by Ali though
                            And a break of 24 so far from that pot, too. Ali has been playing well to those center pockets. Just missed a pink to one of them and the break ends at 32. 51 points remaining on the table.

Ronnie just played his fourth safe shot in a row. Ali fires back by getting the white behind the brown.
                            Last edited by TheStranger; 4 May 2008, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• He's just missing balls now he would normally have got before the final! He looks so uncomfortable out their but it's not surprising in a way considering the circumstances

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• O'Sullivan misses a red in one of the top pockets, only to fluke a safety, drawing four points on an Ali Carter foul and a miss. Carter escapes on his second attempt.

Comment

Working...
                                X