Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no one will give the rocket his due .. even when he is winning , critics come out and say not because he is playing well just because he played a week broken down competition.. will you just stop that and enjoy his presence while it last .. not criticize him now and cry for him when he is gone .. you have done that with ALEX before .. just stop .

Comment

• Ronnie is just too good. If Carter would have played better, Ronnie would have just switched gears. Ronnie isn't playing his best snooker in this final but in the mean time it's 13-5. That says it all.

Comment

• Originally Posted by aderion View Post
        no one will give the rocket his due .. even when he is winning , critics come out and say not because he is playing well just because he played a week broken down competition.. will you just stop that and enjoy his presence while it last .. not criticize him now and cry for him when he is gone .. you have done that with ALEX before .. just stop .

i wont cry for him when he stops playing!!

Comment

• Oh please, I'm the biggest Ronnie fan there is and I would cry my heart out for a week if he lost this final. Still, I do enjoy an exciting game more than one where the other guy is just waiting for it all to end. I think most of us do.

Comment

no one will give the rocket his due .. even when he is winning , critics come out and say not because he is playing well just because he played a week broken down competition.. will you just stop that and enjoy his presence while it last .. not criticize him now and cry for him when he is gone .. you have done that with ALEX before .. just stop .
            I don't think this is appropriate at the moment. no one is beating up ronnie. we are merely stating that he stays behind his abilities, which are outstanding as we all know. he is defnitely not playing up to the standard he had when beating hendry, which is a fair remark and which he'd be the first to underline. no one is taking credit from ronnie by stating he is not playing, what he himself calls his a-game.
            "It's a massive achievement getting to the world final, but all I did was winning four snooker matches." Mark Selby

Comment

• Originally Posted by Fuu View Post
              I don't think this is appropriate at the moment. no one is beating up ronnie. we are merely stating that he stays behind his abilities, which are outstanding as we all know. he is defnitely not playing up to the standard he had when beating hendry, which is a fair remark and which he'd be the first to underline. no one is taking credit from ronnie by stating he is not playing, what he himself calls his a-game.
              he will play like that when he is worried to lose but now i think he will win playing single left handed with one eye close .

Comment

• There we are, might be a fourth session yet. Needs one more frame.

Comment

• hargh. Wish I could somehow insert some self believe into the captain's head. not that I'd have expected him to take the title, but this is not even a fight that he's putting up there... it's sad to see that, I hate these matches where you just wait for the one guy to win and hope the other one masters himself enough not to start crying... *me sad for allister*
                  "It's a massive achievement getting to the world final, but all I did was winning four snooker matches." Mark Selby

Comment

• Originally Posted by hoggar View Post
                    There we are, might be a fourth session yet. Needs one more frame.
                    It might be best just get this dull final over and done with..

interval 14-6

Comment

• Originally Posted by Marc View Post
                      It might be best just get this dull final over and done with..

interval 14-6
                      well, Carter isnt going to comeback and win, so id rather it was over this afternoon than they come back this evening for 1 or 2 frames

Comment

• Ronnie The King of Kings in snooker.
                        I laugh at those who thought Perry would have a much better chance , with his half centuries ... are you kidding me ??
                        Last edited by aderion; 5 May 2008, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Ronnie The King of Kings in snooker.
                          Ronnie the World Champion.....lasts for one year at a time.

(Hendry is the King of Kings at the crucible )

Comment

• Yes marc, it doesn't feel like a normal world final with the way this one sided final has gone! It's annoying because any Snooker fan looks forward to when the final comes round and look forward to a highly exciting World Final which this one hasn't been! I'm not taking anything away from the way ROS has played in this tournament but throughout the tournament leading up to the final i've found this to be one of the most exciting for so many seasons
                            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• At least we got some break-building there. If this is gonna be as one-sided as it gets (and by golly, is it ever), we might at least get something to look at from the guy who still remembers which end of the cue to hit the ball with.

Comment

Ronnie The King of Kings in snooker.
                                I laugh at those who thought Perry would have a much better chance , with his half centuries ... are you kidding me ??
                                Indeed when you outplay your opponent in the semi final with benchmark snooker and in the final of a WC with yout B-game you are the king of snooker.
                                I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

Working...
                                X