2014 Wuxi Classic Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    he had a few chances before that and one was a double but instead he tried to make a bit of a mess of the table. not a good idea with 8reds and only 22ahead
    Yes. I see your point.
    He'll be wondering how he managed to lose that match as he was 3 - 0 frames ahead at one point but after that he never made a sizeable contribution for the rest of the match.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
      Yes. I see your point.
      He'll be wondering how he managed to lose that match as he was 3 - 0 frames ahead at one point but after that he never made a sizeable contribution for the rest of the match.
      well i only saw the last frame, not really one i'd choose to watch. but it sounds like he stopped fighting and built a castle instead, got comfortable then got invaded

Comment

well i only saw the last frame, not really one i'd choose to watch. but it sounds like he stopped fighting and built a castle instead, got comfortable then got invaded
        So in other words, playing not to lose rather then playing to win.

Comment

• Has Milkins introduce a single feather into his cue action now?

Comment

So in other words, playing not to lose rather then playing to win.
            as an english man i feel i can use that metaphor but yes

Comment

• Not a lot of matches that interested me so far today but I am
              looking forward to see how Higgins and Brecel play in
              their matches. Tomorrow will be Jimmy White and Mark
              Williams in their matchups.

Comment

• Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
                Not a lot of matches that interested me so far today but I am
                looking forward to see how Higgins and Brecel play in
                their matches. Tomorrow will be Jimmy White and Mark
                Williams in their matchups.
                I'm watching the Milkins vs Norbury match now and it's a right snoozefest.

Comment

I'm watching the Milkins vs Norbury match now and it's a right snoozefest.
                  i take it your not inspired

Comment

i take it your not inspired
                    It wasn't the best. There was one point where they were smacking the balls about like average club players.

Milkins finished with a nice 88 though. The highlight of the match.

Comment

• Higgins playing very well against Walsley who has failed to get going in this qualification round.

I sometimes forgot what a really classy player Higgins is. A very smooth cue action and superb control of the white.

Comment

• can't make out that cue higgies using, its his very old cue he last won the worlds with or other new one?

Comment

can't make out that cue higgies using, its his very old cue he last won the worlds with or other new one?
                          My steam qualities not good enough. He'd have to walk right up to the camera with the cue in front of him for me to tell.
                          Last edited by cyberheater; 27 May 2014, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Is it me or does Wasley look like he's playing like he couldn't care less if he wins or not? Looks very strange.
                            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Why is Brecel's safety play so pathetic .. even a club player would do so much better than that .... he seems to be mentally challenged to me .. something is not right there

Comment

• Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                                Is it me or does Wasley look like he's playing like he couldn't care less if he wins or not? Looks very strange.
                                I've only seen him a few times but he always seems to play like that. Maybe he firmly believes in the Steve Davis saying of "If you can play as if it means nothing when it means everything, then you are hard to beat."

Comment

Working...
                                X