Red Ball Foul Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Ball Foul Questions

Hi guys, I just want to clarify in my mind what the ruling is on these(and why if anyone knows).

Reds stay off the table after being potted, even if there is a foul. So as far as I know, if a player pots a red, he gets one point and if the white goes into a pocket as well, his opponent gets 4.

But what if a player puts the cue ball in a pocket and then a red goes down. Still 4 points for the opponent. I have always played that the red stays down too. Is this correct? Are you not depriving the opponent the opportunity to pot that red during his own turn.

The same applies when a colour is on and a red goes down.

Was it always this way that the red stays down?

thanks guys

Yes, in normal play, a Red off the table (in pocket or whatever) stays off the table. Appropriate points applied for scoring or penalty.
    The same if Cue Ball or Colour involve, penalty points depending on balls involved

There are two scenarios where Reds could be replaced:
    Reds could be replaced if a Miss was called and the non-offender decides for balls to be replaced.
    Reds could be replaced if moved intentionally by anyone.

Not looked back that far 60s and I believe this (in normal play) has been the same.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I did see a post about replacing a red after a miss and a replay.

Rather than start another thread, here is another question.

When you respot a colour, can it be touching another ball? Not an issue if it is a red or other colour, but what about if it spotted and is touching the cue ball?

Comment

In your first scenario, if you pot a red and the white goes in you don't get the point for the red, only your opponent gets the four points.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by wlorcb View Post
          Thanks for the reply. I did see a post about replacing a red after a miss and a replay.

Rather than start another thread, here is another question.

When you respot a colour, can it be touching another ball? Not an issue if it is a red or other colour, but what about if it spotted and is touching the cue ball?
          All Colour balls being spotted MUST not touch any other ball be it Reds or Colours or Cue Ball.
          IT is an issue if it is another Red or another colour - as it is against the rules
          Sec 3.7(i) (i) In all cases, the colour when spotted must not be touching another ball.

If it can not be spotted correctly because of another ball (any ball) the spot is called "occupied", then the ball to be spotted can go on the highest available spot.
          If no other spot is available then it is placed as close as it can to its own spot in the direct line to the "Black cushion".

see sec 3.7 Spotting Balls (e)-(j)

You can download the rules from WPBSA here
          https://wpbsa.com/rules/

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            In your first scenario, if you pot a red and the white goes in you don't get the point for the red, only your opponent gets the four points.
            thanks INE - I missed that

Comment

Working...
            X