Pot Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot Black

Does anyone know the significance of the following names regarding the BBC Pot Black programme?
    Charlton Davis Pulman Reardon Williams
    :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

the first winners?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      the first winners?
      No,it's not that.Just to clarify - these names are on the butt plate of a Pot Black cue along with an image of the trophy.Nearest I can guess is that the 1972 Pot Black series included these five players but it also featured John Spencer.

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

In 1972 Charlton won the trophy, Reardon was runner up and Spencer had the highest break (66) that year.

I would guess same as you that Fred Davis, John Pullman and Rex Williams were the "also ran's" that year as they were the regulars involved in that era.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

ah ha, do you mean one of these

Spencer probably not on it because they did not offer enough money

image uploader
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            ah ha, do you mean one of these

image uploader
            Yes,that's the cue.I've looked through the player line-up for every Pot Black series & can't think why it would name just those five players.

Comment

I think this cue was made by Powerglide, maybe Spencer was the only player not sponsored by them at that time?
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
              X