Adobe Flash Player is no longer supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Flash Player is no longer supported

when i attempt to watch matches on my chromebook here i'm getting the above message and the match won't display , does anyone know anything anywhere i can download to remedy this , an alternative to the flash player , i know flash isn't operating anymore and am googling alternatives but nothing apparent is popping up , not computer knowledgeable , any input appreciated , thanks

in the same boat
    on my pc i uninstalled Flash Player just after New Year and not been able to watch many of my old sites for snooker matches
    I tried to reinstall the latest version of Flash Player but Adobe have ensured that roll-back does not work.
    I also have been looking for any solution and even chatted with my friends in the IT helpdesk for my company and they confirm there is nothing we can do.

The only solution is for the website owners to change their sites from Flash to html5, etc.

of course if anyone has other ideas please let us know.

My work around... I grabbed my youngest's old Kindle and this still works so at least I can watch the other tables
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Tried looking at snooker on the chinese qiuw site and the same problem now. qiuw was available up to a couple of months ago , its a non runner now

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        in the same boat
        on my pc i uninstalled Flash Player just after New Year and not been able to watch many of my old sites for snooker matches
        I tried to reinstall the latest version of Flash Player but Adobe have ensured that roll-back does not work.
        I also have been looking for any solution and even chatted with my friends in the IT helpdesk for my company and they confirm there is nothing we can do.

The only solution is for the website owners to change their sites from Flash to html5, etc.

of course if anyone has other ideas please let us know.

My work around... I grabbed my youngest's old Kindle and this still works so at least I can watch the other tables
        thanks Dean , i have an old spare ipad that you've hinted me to try and it works , why is it working on this , is it that ipad uses the vlc media player instead ? the camera isn't covering the black cushion and barely the top of the black pockets though .

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
          Tried looking at snooker on the chinese qiuw site and the same problem now. qiuw was available up to a couple of months ago , its a non runner now
          you need a device that doesn't use flash player

Comment

Bet365 works great for me, ?10 deposit (?5 if you don't want to pay with paypal) they also sometimes have matches that aren't on Eurosport, I get a great full screen picture on my Windows 10 laptop or android tablet. No commentary, but that's not a bad thing imo.

EDIT: They have 4 matches on right now.

-
            The fast and the furious,
            The slow and labourious,
            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Opera browser has flash (or it's clone) baked in. Might still work

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                Opera browser has flash (or it's clone) baked in. Might still work
                Opera - the Chinese site does not work

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                  Bet365 works great for me, ?10 deposit (?5 if you don't want to pay with paypal) they also sometimes have matches that aren't on Eurosport, I get a great full screen picture on my Windows 10 laptop or android tablet. No commentary, but that's not a bad thing imo.

-
                  yes that seems the best way as qiuw didn't even show snooker matches this evening , on account of the europa league perhaps ? yes will go down the bet 365 path , just need to complete the id process .

Comment

down to two tables now so no worries (I have Eurosport Player for table 2 ) - until the next event

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

yes that seems the best way as qiuw didn't even show snooker matches this evening , on account of the europa league perhaps ? yes will go down the bet 365 path , just need to complete the id process .
                      I love it, it's far more stable than Eurosport. Click 'In Play', scroll along to the snooker symbol on the bar at the top of the page, tap on the match you want, then pinch to zoom in. (well, it's not really a pinch is it, you pinch to zoom out, it's the exact opposite to zoom in, what would you call that??) They do occasionally end the match as soon as it's won, so you sometimes miss the last few balls, other than that I have no complaints.

And of course, no commentary. I can't wait for the crowds to return, so I can enjoy the atmosphere minus the babbling idiots ruining it with their inane drivel.

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

I love it, it's far more stable than Eurosport. Click 'In Play', scroll along to the snooker symbol on the bar at the top of the page, tap on the match you want, then pinch to zoom in. (well, it's not really a pinch is it, you pinch to zoom out, it's the exact opposite to zoom in, what would you call that??) They do occasionally end the match as soon as it's won, so you sometimes miss the last few balls, other than that I have no complaints.

And of course, no commentary. I can't wait for the crowds to return, so I can enjoy the atmosphere minus the babbling idiots ruining it with their inane drivel.

-
                        I have not had any issue with stability of Eurosport player myself; but I have not tried any gambling site; maybe I will one day

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I have not had any issue with stability of Eurosport player myself;....
                          I often have buffering issues, despite having great internet and no such problems with any other streaming services.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

Anyone else have the problem of the camera on qiuw.com not covering the bottom quarter or reds and black area of the table , viewing lens only starts between pink and blue spot , and any idea what to do about it .

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                              Anyone else have the problem of the camera on qiuw.com not covering the bottom quarter or reds and black area of the table , viewing lens only starts between pink and blue spot , and any idea what to do about it .
                              Dean's having some login trouble, but he's asked me to pass this on to you:

"on the site he is discussing I believe if he adjusts the size of the window he has, he may see the viewing screen jump to different sizes, so he may see the whole table

cheers"

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                              X