Posting Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Cues

Can I ask who people are using to post cues nowadays. Who’s the best and who’s the cheapest. JRC750 who used to be on here was the guru on this topic.

The cheapest is probably Hermes, the best depends on yourself and how you package the cue. You must take into account that your parcel is only one of many and that the contents of the van aren't loaded in order of destination so they tend to get moved (thrown) around at every stop.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Vmax. Had a look at MyHermes but says max parcel length is 120cm. No good for 1 piece cue and case.

Comment

DPD/parcel2go are very cheap and reliable. I bought many cues and accessories from UK to INDIA using this service.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
          DPD/parcel2go are very cheap and reliable. I bought many cues and accessories from UK to INDIA using this service.
          Tried parcel2go and the prices I’m getting are around 25GBP for delivery UK to UK. Thought this was a bit pricey.
          When I buy a one piece cue or case I only ever pay about a tenner. Maybe there’s special rates for business people.

Comment

Just checking through my emails, I sent a 3/4 cue in case through Parcelforce January last year for ?15.96 and they picked it up from my house

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Tried parcel2go and the prices I’m getting are around 25GBP for delivery UK to UK. Thought this was a bit pricey.
              Oh, you are right there might be different rates for businesses as I was charged 25 quid for a cue delivery to india

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                Vmax. Had a look at MyHermes but says max parcel length is 120cm. No good for 1 piece cue and case.
                Parcelforce have a regular parcel max length of 1.5m and will cost about fifteen quid with insurance depending on weight, longer than that and you're into their specials categories and the price goes up to forty quid but take that to your local post office and they'll have no idea and refuse it due to length, I've been there and it's a real issue with poorly informed staff. 1.5m is about 59 inches, take your own tape measure with you when you post it to settle any arguments.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Well...ended up going with Parcelforce. MyHermes etc had a limit of 1.2m. I got a price of 33GBP from my local post office to send it as a large parcel but declined.
                  Went home and booked Parcelforce on-line. They accepted parcels longer than 1.5m. The price was 33GBP but there was a box to allow you to enter a discount code. I googled it and found that if you enter FEB21 you got a 14% discount. Package was insured for 100GBP
                  So.....booked on Sunday. Guy arrived at my door 3.30pm on Monday and took parcel away. Parcel delivered Tuesday 3.00 pm. Very quick.
                  Looks like posting a 3/4 Cue/Case is inexpensive but if you want to send a one piece cue/case the price jumps up quite a lot.

Comment

Avoid Parcel Hero if postpabroad the initial price was ok but 2 weeks later they are trying to get an extra ?41 out of me saying audited dimensions were bigger,which they weren’t.
                    Happens a lot apparently. Hi

Comment

Thanks for the heads up That's andy

Comment

Most likely businesses that charge ?10 delivery for such things are subsidising it by adding the costs to other deliveries or built into the price of the products...

Being in the business of sending long items (6ft guttering kits!) I know only too well the racket the carriers have going on just to get an easy life... UPS for example charge an extra ?7+VAT for anything over 1.2m - 'because they can't fit on the conveyor system so have to pay someone to manually move parcel from one side of a hub to another'. How long does that take? about 5 minutes, and probably on a trolley with a few others too all at ?7 a go. That's before the company earns 3-4 quid for drivers ticking 'residential delivery' on their scanner, extra surcharges ?5/item around Christmas peak season time too. ?40 extra or so for anything long going international, just 'cause

I'm in the wrong job

Comment

Working...
                        X