Putting cue in Case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting cue in Case

Might be a bit of a daft question but here goes.
    Is there a particular way you put your cue into its case? I’ve been watching the pros on the telly and from what I can see a lot of them put their cues in the case with the tip end next to the chalk compartment.
    I was wondering if there was any logic to this and the only thing I could think of was that they wanted to keep the butt end away from the chalk to avoid it getting covered in chalk dust.

Have you a tip protector ?

Comment

My cue moves in the case if I put it one way, but not the other. I think one end might have a little more padding.

Comment

Originally Posted by balkend View Post
        Have you a tip protector ?
        Yep have used them for years. A lot of the pros use them now.

Comment

I would guess Nifty, that they put it in that way so they know which end is the but end when they stand it up.
          Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
            I would guess Nifty, that they put it in that way so they know which end is the but end when they stand it up.
            That’s a great answer but when it’s closed how would you know what is the butt end. I have put a sticker on my case for that same reason

Comment

Why do you have to stand the case up with the butt end in the floor? Is it to stop pressure on the tip?

Comment

Just habits i think, i do it too, butt to the right, tip to the left, and yes of course you'd still know if you hold the case vertical where the butt is, case has handles and usually - depending on the model but certainly with parris cases - cases have butt protectors too, so if you place it vertical that side would go down, which means the butt of the cue would also be down.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

That’s a great answer but when it’s closed how would you know what is the butt end. I have put a sticker on my case for that same reason
                  I put studs on the bottom of my case so it can only rest one way

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post

I put studs on the bottom of my case so it can only rest one way
                    Good idea John , a bit more classier than my car sticker

Comment

Mine just stays on t5he rack with all the others.
                      王可

Comment

My cue craft case has a branding sticker on one corner. That tells me which side is up. You can also put a small pen mark on one end for this purpose. Also, I bought a cheap case just for storing my cue. As expected, the cue does not fit snug. I did a little DIY trick by putting the cue in the transparent plastic casing that came with the cue. And the cue does not shake now.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Good idea John , a bit more classier than my car sticker
                          Another way to tell Starsky without stickers or studs, You always open/close the case with the catches facing you, if you put cue in case with tip to the right when you close it and lean it against the wall with the catches facing to the right the but end will always be on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                          X