how do i check the table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i check the table?

the tables at my club are being repaired,i wanted to know how could i check if the table has been reapired well,and how do i check for drift on the table.
    RIP NOEL, A TRUE TSF LEGEND.

This is easy... just set up a plant with two balls touching, parallel to the cushion about half a centimetre away from the cushion face, with the plant pointing right up the cushion, perfectly parallel to it. Put the cue ball about a ball's width behind it so all three balls are in a perfect straight line. The cue ball should be around near the jaw of one of the top pockets. Strike the white onto the plant with no side, send the object ball all the way up the cushion, parallel to the cushion again. Do this at a speed to reach the baulk cushion or a little slower. You may see a slight drift because of the nap, but see if you can see any drifting because of an un-even table. I assume you know what to expect with the slight drift of the nap.

Comment

If they are being repaired by a reputable firm, then there is no need. Once the table(s) have been repaired, as long as they are brushed and ironed at least once a week and covered after use, they should remain true for a good few years (depending on what cloth is on and how often they are used).
      You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Working...
      X