Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by trains View Post
    Would Fraser Patrick fit this description also? Maybe

Yes to be honest i had him in mind but on the upside of his play he is a very good safety player and seems to have a very good temperament as well so there's a balancing act playing there too.
    don't know why i have trouble quoting you Steve , it doesn't seem to happen with anyone else , no idea why. :-)
    It’s because you’ve stopped referring to me as Lord….

Comment

ten char

Comment

To also answer the question on a more personal term:
        I guess if I have my five senses together and try to win the frame, than I'd usually (though again, depending on the type of pot) go for the snooker.

Comment

Back in 1989 our club team reached the final of the devon inter club championship and played the final at the Pot Black club in plymouth. Five man team playing one frame each we were 2-1 up and our captain then ground out a black ball frame to win the match, played a safety off a pottable angle and went in off 2-2 so I had to go on last. he came back to our table and everyone kind of muttered 'bad luck' and obviously didn't mean it but I was honest and told him 'if you'd gone for the pot and gone in off then OK, you tried to win, but going in off on a safety is just crap'.
          Didn't go down very well but I stand by it to this day. I won the last frame btw going for it against a grinder who had put the colours all over the place with his safety and I actually cleared them to win the match on the final black, the pink I'll alway remember ! I found out after the match ended that they had lost the final the previous year as well, my opponent played Selbyesque all the way through the frame against me, some people never learn, I mean he didn't know me from Adam, had never seen me play, yet in a club handicap competition he treated me like I was Steve Davis

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Hi All.....first post after lurking for a fair while.

its a great question and goes straight to the heart of match play.

My instinct is always go for the pot.

In that situation I'd be considering how good the opponent is and how well they were playing.
            If my maths is correct they need red, high colour and all the way up to pink.

I'd only consider snooker if I think they're playing well enough to pull that off in one visit

Comment

Working...
            X