Pause at the back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
    Thanks guys. Some great points there Mikee. Appreciate the comments on the video and also the can of worms when it comes to introducing changes. I'm just looking for some advice to take note of and to try to understand areas where I may be able to improve. I agree the coaching videos on YouTube etc are not always the best as we all play, move and feel differently. Hence the sharing of my cueing for tips and flaws I may not be seeing.

Not ignoring or dismissing your point starsky.. I agree with the coaching for obvious flaws but I also rate a lot of members here very highly for their knowledge and wanted to get some opinions.

Thank you
    Apologies , I’ve just reread my reply to Mikee and realised it might have come across as if it was directed at you personally Nonstarter.
    It was directed towards both beginners and experienced players and that includes myself 😉
    Good luck with your improvement and I hope you can find what your looking for on here.

Comment

[QUOTE=Starsky;n1018462]
      Apologies , I

Comment

Will try again.. No need to apologise Starsky. I understood your sentiments. I'll make that century one way or another though!

Comment

Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
          Will try again.. No need to apologise Starsky. I understood your sentiments. I'll make that century one way or another though!
          You’ll get there , get the basics right and practice, practice and more practice ….. and don’t forget to play people

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

You’ll get there , get the basics right and practice, practice and more practice ….. and don’t forget to play people
            Yes, practice a lot and play as many people as you can! If your really serious about improving I would say throw yourself into a few local competitions, this was a real eye opener for me! You’ll find your practice level compared to comp level is totally different, so if you can knock in 40 & 50+ breaks in a comp then your doing well…

P.s I may be up there again in 3 or 4 weeks time

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Yes, practice a lot and play as many people as you can! If your really serious about improving I would say throw yourself into a few local competitions, this was a real eye opener for me! You’ll find your practice level compared to comp level is totally different, so if you can knock in 40 & 50+ breaks in a comp then your doing well…

P.s I may be up there again in 3 or 4 weeks time
              I think playing people is the big one as Steve says, a lot of people look a class act on a line up or can smash in relentless long blues but get them in a tournament and they're rubbish.
              Play better players in practice and throw yourself in at the deep end with competitions, it's the only way to really improve.
              "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
              X