Players using the rest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players using the rest.

There are a number of left handed players who, when using the rest, hold the cue in their right hand.
    Are there any right handed players, either on or were on the circuit, who, when using the rest, hold the cue in their left hand? I've not seen any.
    You are only the best on the day you win.

Cross dominance is quite rare, about 1% of the population, according to wiki anyway, and it means that certain people have a preference for certain tasks for one hand over the other whether they're right or left handed.
    I believe Judd Trump is a natural right hander for everything he does except his normal snooker hand, I heard him say this once, and it's strange to see him him play right handed as he doesn't offset his address to counter his body movement as there's none when he plays right handed yet his right hand delivery looks forced and mechanical compared to his offset address left hand technique

Is cross dominance over represented in pro snooker ? I can think of Tony Meo, Barry Hawkins, Mark Allen, three lefties who used the rest right handed and Judd Trump, a natural right hander who plays normally with his opposite left hand and uses the rest in his natural right hand, so probably not, but are there any others and are there any right handers who used the rest left handed ? are there any right or left handers who play snooker both normally and with the rest in their opposite hand ?

Maybe Meo, Hawkins and Allen aren't left handed at all and only play snooker normally with their left hand just like Judd, does anyone know ?

Interesting topic
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
    X