Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried video game "Snooker 19"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone tried video game "Snooker 19"?

Hi folks,
    I'm thinking of getting "Snooker 19". It's a 3D simulation of the game. I would have to purchase a video system first, perhaps an Xbox, and then buy the game itself. Have any of you tried playing it? How would you rate it? I've read of some shortcomings. For example, there should be a referee, spotting the balls. You can visit their website to see what it looks like. Would especially appreciate hearing from someone who plays it.
    Regards, Tano

Hello again,
    ​​​​​​ I've redone my search, advanced this time, for discussions on the "Snooker 19" video game & found the Snooker Video Game group. The discussion is 3 years old & mostly regarding online play but there is a YouTube link with more info. Sorry for not posting my question to the appropriate place.
    Tano

Comment

I play both VP4 and Shooterspool, which are far better simulators than Snooker 19. If you're comfortable with keyboard/mouse, they'll run well even on mid-tier laptops.
      Dublin, Ireland • English pool (WPA)
      PLAYING CUE (MAIN): Custom Jason Owen - #1384 (one-piece • 57" • 8.4mm • 17oz)
      PLAYING CUE (BACKUP): Custom Peradon (one-piece • 57" • 8.7mm • 17.5oz)
      BREAK CUE: Custom Jason Owen (one-piece • 58" • 10mm • 16oz)​

Comment

Hello Greg M,
        Thanks for the info. Checked out Virtual Pool 4 & Shooters Pool online. They look ok for freebies. However, Snooker19 is not a free game so more money was invested in its development. It has some very sophisticated physics simulations and other functions. Most importantly for me is that it's Snooker. I have a serious affection for it and it's the only game, virtual or real, that I want to play. Also, as I mentioned in my earlier post, I am getting an Xbox video console with a game controller - much superior to mouse & keyboard - no offense intended. Thanks again for your comments.
        Regards,
        Tano

Comment

Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
          I play both VP4 and Shooterspool, which are far better simulators than Snooker 19. If you're comfortable with keyboard/mouse, they'll run well even on mid-tier laptops.
          Hi Greg. I play VP4 as well, though not Shooters (snooker only, not the pool games). Which do you like better, and why? BTW, my name at VP is Vanwinkle, have we played? (I am in US, so maybe time difference is a factor). Anyway, if I know your user name, I'll give a look for you! Cheers.

Comment

Originally Posted by Vanwinkle View Post

Hi Greg. I play VP4 as well, though not Shooters (snooker only, not the pool games). Which do you like better, and why? BTW, my name at VP is Vanwinkle, have we played? (I am in US, so maybe time difference is a factor). Anyway, if I know your user name, I'll give a look for you! Cheers.
            As far as Shooters is concerned, I love the inclusion of professional equipment, but I do prefer the physics and game variety in VP4. If Shooters ran on the VP4 engine and included the various game modes, it'd be the best cuesport simulator out there.

My name on VP4 is GreggoPool, but I'm not online much. I think I prefer the single player tour modes. But feel free to shoot me an add.
            Dublin, Ireland • English pool (WPA)
            PLAYING CUE (MAIN): Custom Jason Owen - #1384 (one-piece • 57" • 8.4mm • 17oz)
            PLAYING CUE (BACKUP): Custom Peradon (one-piece • 57" • 8.7mm • 17.5oz)
            BREAK CUE: Custom Jason Owen (one-piece • 58" • 10mm • 16oz)​

Comment

I have the game snooker 19 on my Nintendo switch, it's not great, but is OK for a quick game on a handheld system, so assuming it's better on xbox.
              ​​​​
              I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

Hi Tony,
                Will let u all know how I find Snooker19 on the Xbox once I get it. I'll have it displayed on a large tv so I should be able to see the table, cue & balls really well. Then I should also be able to try VP4 and others to compare. There are a ton of free pool games out there but they're full of ads & track u. Plus not as interesting.
                Later,
                Tano

Comment

Update re Xbox/Snooker 19:
                  Got the Xbox but it was a defective unit. Had to return it & they were out of stock - so no swap. Saw a half-hour demo of Snooker 19 & the graphics/ball movement didn't look that good. Don't think I'll get it now. Bummer.

Comment

Working...
                  X