Foul or no foul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foul or no foul

Following a foul by an opponent, a player is preparing to play from in-hand (the D). Whilst he is maneuvering the cue ball into position with the shaft f his cue, he accidentally touches the brown with the shaft.

Is this a foul or not? I initially thought not as the cue ball was not yet back in play but, I'm not 100% sure now.

Many thanks for any guidance.

Foul, responsibility to not touch any other ball

Comment

So the white has gone into a pocket and the player is playing from in-hand. Definitely a foul. Can touch the white, obviously, but not allowed to touch any other ball with his cue, his hand or any other part of his anatomy.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
        So the white has gone into a pocket and the player is playing from in-hand. Definitely a foul. Can touch the white, obviously, but not allowed to touch any other ball with his cue, his hand or any other part of his anatomy.
        ... or clothing or equipment.

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you chaps. I will remember that.

Comment

Foul. I used to carry a link to the WPBSA 'fouls and other infringements' rules on my phone to put an end to one players continual denial of fouls. Might already be on forum somewhere but just in case, easily found on WPBSA.com

Comment

Working...
            X