Confusing sequence of color shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusing sequence of color shots

nal 27 pts Hello, everyone. I'm very new to snooker, played a few times, absolutely love the game. I watched a Mark Selby/Mark Williams match and at one point, after the reds had been cleared, WIlliams sank two colors BEFORE returning to the yellow for the final 27 pts. Can someone explain this to me. Thank you!

Which tournament and which frame did this happen?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

My apologies; I misremembered. British Open Finals 2023. Here's what happened. Selby was snookered, missed a red. Williams declined to make Selby shoot again, then led with a black pot (not red first?) and then played the pink before starting again with the yellow for final run of colors. Confused!
      Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ULjm_q8Mw8. 2:17:08.

Comment

which frame?

Comment

From your description there is still a Red on the table, Selby misses the Red, foul, Williams is snookered on the ball on (Red) so a Free ball is called, hence Williams takes the Black (as a Red), then pots the Pink, then there should still be a Red on the table, and not goig to Yellow and clear the colours, ?

EDIT:

Apologies, the link was correct

Yes the Black was taken as a Free Ball, as snookered after a foul, then Pink (as colour after a "Red"), then the last Red and Yellow, then Yellow again. Yellow spotted as it was the colour after the Red.
          Last edited by DeanH; 14 July 2024, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X