snooker and cue foul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snooker and cue foul

a player pots a red, and snookers himself within the pack of reds. He attempts to hit black (off cushion) but he cue fouls and the white moves forward a centimetre or two but no ball is hit in doing so. He remains snookered as he is still within the pack of reds. The question is, if he is asked to play again, must he play for the black, or any other colour, or is he able to now play a red ?

Play again means the same ball is the required target. Ergo, the black.
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

I thought you could change your mind when put back in on a colour
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

As he nominated black the first time, I'm taking it that black is the easiest ball on and that if he changes his mind and misses then a miss will be called. Have to see it as simple as that because there are too many unknown variables otherwise. Simplistic for efficiency.
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

But i believe tje priginal question was can you change your mind on your colour, which i thought you could. if he decides he cant hit the black after all he can play the yellow for instance.
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Forced continue - take a red
            Retake - try again

Comment

Professional standards=usual rules apply..

Us=Red is now the ball on.
              Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
              Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

If the referee has called 'foul and a miss', and the opponent has asked for the ball(s) to be replaced, then he can either play for the black or any other colour.
                If the referee has just called 'foul', then if asked to play again, he is now on a red.
                You are only the best on the day you win.

Comment

Thats right, what DawRef said is true. You can change your mind on a "foul & Miss" & that goes on what colour and or what line you take to get out of a snooker. So often I see after a "foul & Miss" has been called and the ball replaced, some players think they must play the same line. If sent back in after a "foul", you are now on a red.

Comment

Originally Posted by DawRef View Post
                    If the referee has called 'foul and a miss', and the opponent has asked for the ball(s) to be replaced, then he can either play for the black or any other colour.
                    If the referee has just called 'foul', then if asked to play again, he is now on a red.
                    Yes. If he is asked to 'play again' – i.e. the option that any player has after any foul, then he is coming to the table afresh and will be on red.

If a Miss is called, and the balls are replaced, then he is re-taking the original shot, not just playing again. Then he would have to re-play the shot on a colour of his choice. He could choose black again or choose another colour instead, just as he could have the first time he played.

Comment

Working...
                    X