No announcement yet.

147?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I hope there won't be any this year. Not because I don't like to see them, au contraire in fact, but because I feel that they're becoming somewhat devalued. It used to be something rare and precious, something marvellous to be savoured by all. Now, it's expected, almost demanded that there be a 147 in every tournament, and people are disappointed and feel nearly cheated when there isn't one.
    A 147 is snooker perfection and, as such, shouldn't be seen as commonplace, IMO.
    I'd be quite happy to wait until next year before seeing one, and none of this two in one championship nonsense again, thank you very much.
    Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

That nonsense happened for the first time. I think you're getting worked up bit too soon.
      I do see the point you're making about 147s in general.
      Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
      2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

Originally Posted by mushka View Post
        That nonsense happened for the first time. I think you're getting worked up bit too soon.
        It was just a little bit of irony, Mushka, I'm not really worked up, don't worry. With the painkillers I'm on at the moment, it'd be really difficult to get worked up about anything! Lol I feel as if I'm typing through a fog at the mo! Using Delete and Backspace more often than any other keys just now.
        Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we had one or maybe even two.

WE always seem to have a few reasonable attempts at a maximum.

Last season Carter and O'Sullivan had one each and Ebdon missed the yellow I think when on 120 in the frame before Carter had his.

I reckon one of the following will make a max at this years worlds:

Ronnie
          Ding
          Higgins
          MAguire
          Murphy
          Cope

Comment

I would quite like to see Jamie Cope make one this year at the Crucible, plus it would be his first on tv.
            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
              I would quite like to see Jamie Cope make one this year at the Crucible, plus it would be his first on tv.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKaFPapD_0c
              he made one on tv at the shanghai masters
              New Zealands biggest snooker fan

Comment

Cheers for the link forman. At 1st you think he might be trying to better the Rockets 5min20 max but then he almost thinks to himself "nah sod that for a game of soldiers i just wanna make it" and slows down
                Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by mushka View Post
                  If Ebdon hadn´t got nerveous it would have been three. He broke down on 122 the frame before Ali Carter made his 147.
                  ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                  "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

I know Rane. And I vaguely remember that bookies had awsome odds on three maximums to be made in the Worlds prior to the Championship.
                    Was it 300:1? I'm no longer sure about the figures.

Someone would have been very happy had it happened.

not Keith, of course
                    Robbo's potting is so good he doesn't need to bother with positional play like the rest of the players. He laughs in the face of those who spend hours on the practice table perfecting their cue ball control! ~ Forman
                    2009 Grand Prix Fantasy Game winner

Comment

Originally Posted by Forman View Post
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKaFPapD_0c
                      he made one on tv at the shanghai masters
                      Thanks forman. Didn't realise that he made one at the shanghai masters.
                      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                        If Ebdon hadn´t got nerveous it would have been three. He broke down on 122 the frame before Ali Carter made his 147.
                        no, he broke down on his 15th black as he left it too high and it rattled in the jaws
                        wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

I strongly believe that Ding will make one, most probably during the first round match against Liang.

Comment

Working...
                          X